A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/6/2019 1:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for People Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all People Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a People Manager? ''THE DIVISION'S STORY Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!
THE ROLE: People Manager
Join the A E People Team as we embark on an exciting journey to find, grow and keep great talent. As the People Manager, you will drive people strategies and talent management efforts including workforce planning, performance management, talent reviews, employee relations, organizational design, and the development of key talent across divisions this position will support.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Understand the business and their talent priorities. Serve as a member of your client groups management teams by driving business results through systemic organizational and talent strategies that are aligned to the business strategy.
• Lead HR projects and initiatives as assigned; partner closely with necessary departments such as Finance and Legal and Business Affairs.
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
• Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee relations issues
• Assist with employee communication initiatives within client groups and provide advice on performance and related issues.
• Partner with People leadership in implementing workforce planning, succession planning, career management, and performance management to support the division's growth plans.
• Assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
• Build management capability to facilitate an open and inclusive environment that increases team member engagement.
• Provide guidance in the handling of complex employee relations matters, ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
• Champion People initiatives that support the success of the organization's growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage a strong team of Business Analysts that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4 years of applicable HR experience in a progressive, forward-thinking environment
• Entertainment/Media experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree and relevant direct work experience required
• Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources areas including Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Organizational Design, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Change Management.
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) required.
• Strong business and financial acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and business analysis skills
• Ability to bring new ideas and leverage HR expertise and operations knowledge
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.