A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!
THE ROLE: People Coordinator
The People Coordinator will provide administrative support to the SVP and VPs of the People Partner Team and serve the LA office. Assist S/VP with ''Level 1'' (entry level) people support including but not limited to, onboarding and offboarding, scheduling, administrative processing of employee lifecycle events, provide assistance to all levels of employees regarding personnel policies/procedures etc. This role is also responsible for administering client group and Los Angeles non-staff employment process and assigned HR initiatives and programs.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• HR Administration
• Answer employee inquiries regarding HR processes & practices
• Assist with Training/Development workshops both locally in LA and with other assigned clients
• On-board all new hires and temporary staff
• Off-board departing employees / temps, including performing exit interviews
• Handle day-to-day and miscellaneous administrative duties & assist with departmental projects as required
• Assist with all local office events and initiatives
• Talent Acquisition/Recruiting Administration
• Initiative job postings in workday
• Screen resumes and facilitate engagement in the process.
• Conduct phone screenings and give /solicit feedback
• Conduct reference checks on final candidates for assigned positions
• Summer Intern Program
• Manages LA portion of Summer Internship Program
• Partners with department managers to craft job descriptions
• Sources, schedules & interviews applicants
• On-boards LA based interns
• Coordinate Friday lunch & learns and outings
• Freelance/Temporary Personnel:
• Coordinate requests for freelance and non-staff personnel placement for various departments in the assigned client area and local in the Los Angeles office to ensure coverage and support
• Primary contact for all non-employee requests and submissions. Coordinate with IT and Office Services for building and computer access
• Contact temporary agencies to place requests and follow up
• Point person for all Atrium / Entertainment Partners related processes
• Team Member Relations
• Be first point of contact on basic policy questions and employee concerns
• Develop relationships to encourage and foster people department interaction
• Help conduct People Partner related compliance training such as Anti-Harassment Training
• Track and help with insights related to Team Member data such as Service Anniversaries, Milestone events etc.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Strong computer skills - Microsoft Word, advanced Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of internet recruiting sources. Strong communication skills (written & oral).
• Client Service Skills
• 1 to 2 years' experience in Human Resources in a medium sized company.
• Due to the sensitive information this individual will encounter, he/she must understand the importance of confidentiality.
• It is imperative that this person be flexible, organized, focused, has strong attention to detail and have excellent follow-up skills within a fast-paced environment. Person must have highly developed interpersonal skills as position will interact with all levels and departments.