Operational Engagement Technician
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Operational Engagement Technician(Temporary)
This position is a key player in the Content Services & Operations team based in Stamford, CT. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Metadata & Publishing within the Content Distribution Services department.
In this role, you will support the CDS team in our on-going continuous improvement efforts, specifically as it relates to product and workflow evaluation, training, user acceptance testing (UAT) and standard-operating-procedure (SOP) documentation on behalf of the CDS operations team.
This role is in direct support of content distribution to A E's digital properties including Video-on-Demand, TV Everywhere, Download-To-Own, SVOD, OTT, AVOD, International Programs Sales/Channel Partners and our own Brand Sites and cross-platforms apps and devices, among others ad will function as a key contributor, subject matter expert and a valued teammate within a highly talented and motivated Content Distribution Services team.
The CDS team provides distribution services including metadata management and curation, dynamic ad-insertion, encoding and media preparation, quality control, content packaging and high-speed delivery of A E Networks' programming across global platforms. This role will drive innovation and maintain a ''best-in-class'' high quality standard for the digital distribution operations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for performing extensive product evaluation and proof-of-concept testing.
• Responsible for administering key training and cross-team engagement activities to assist team members with publishing workflow changes and technical enhancements.
• Responsible for the authoring & administration of Standard-Operating-Procedure (SOP) and technical documentation.
• Establish and support a strong partnership as a technical liaison to our internal Operations, Technology, Engineering & Digital Media teams to evaluate and test new technologies and workflow changes.
• Identify, document and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to management and colleagues, escalating to Technology teams and Engineering as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• College Degree Preferred, (Communications or Engineering)
• 5-7 years of studio, media supply chain and/or digital distribution experience, preferably running content operations for a video distributer.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely.
• Comfortable approaching new technologies and workflows.
• Excellent client services skills. Friendly can-do attitude, ability to stay calm under pressure and strong relationship builder.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with distribution partners and management across all levels of the organization.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multi-task and time management skills in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
• Strong working knowledge of metadata, XML transformation, media, asset movement, storage, sequencing and naming conventions.
• Flexible and adaptable with an appetite for implementing positive change, keen problem-solving abilities. Self-starter who proactively identifies and structures opportunities and projects