New Media Coordinator
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New Media Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day operations for A E VOD and emerging product initiatives. Manage flow of information between internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of programming assets to partners.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Manage preparation of scheduling materials and metadata for set-top-box (STB) VOD platforms. Coordinate delivery logistics with Stamford-based production team as well as third-party distribution vendors. Troubleshoot interruptions to monthly production workflows.
• Partner with Distribution Marketing team in the execution of VOD and TV Everywhere promotions, including pre-linear premieres, short-form offerings and other stunts.
• Lead communication around legal pulls of A E content across partners' VOD platforms to both internal and external stakeholders. Confirm content has been successfully pulled from partners' VOD platforms.
• Monitor QC results for STB VOD, TV Everywhere, OTT platforms and additional platforms as needed. Improve time to market for A E content by identifying and communicating trends to partners.
• Act as a liaison between production and distribution marketing to ensure art work specs for FVOD, DTC and AVOD are communicated and fulfilled.
• Fulfill requests for enhanced metadata to 3rd party vendors (Gracenote/TiVo) to power partners' platforms menu and search for A E content.
• Monitor competitor and industry trends and provide recommendations to enhance the value of A E VOD offerings for affiliates and viewers. Support general business development efforts including industry research, due diligence and creation of presentations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the Distribution arm of A E, you'll gain a 360-degree view of how our content gets to the viewer. Through the Sales team, you'll learn about the contractual relationships A E has with our multichannel and digital video programming distributors (M/DMVPDs) – and how to close that deal! In Distribution Marketing, you'll brainstorm new and innovative ways to promote our content across Set-top-box, TV Everywhere and Over-the-top platforms. In the Operations group you'll get the behind-the-scenes look at mission-critical tasks around technical support, contract management and compliance and data integrity and analysis. And finally, through the Product Development team you'll gain an unique understanding of how we optimize content scheduling and delivery across the a rapidly changing media landscape.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• The candidate will have a four-year college degree
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media are strongly preferred
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
'THE DIVISON'S STORY
No matter the content, none of our great programming would air without the expertise of the Distribution team. We are the group that meets and negotiates with the companies that broadcast our content. We're also quick on our feet. As technology changes the media landscape, impacting viewer behavior and traditional models, we pivot to deliver new solutions that extend our content, brand and reach. While much of our work takes place in meeting rooms behind the scenes, our results are out there for all to see.
THE ROLE: New Media Coordinator