Media QC Technician
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Quality Control Technician- MEDIA
This position is based in our Stamford, CT office.
This Technician will be responsible for performing Technical Evaluation and Quality Control of all A E Networks television programs. The Technician will uphold specs and standard operating procedures that adhere to US broadcast requirements.
• Evaluate show/movie masters for technical quality, Standards & Practices, grammar, spelling and Closed Caption accuracy.
• Review and monitor all audio tracks to make sure they meet broadcast standards.
• Operate MediaFlex file based workstations.
• Monitor incoming emails, facilitate requests and prioritize work as per Lead Tech/Supervisor instructions.
• Attend QC dept. meetings and follow all procedures as assigned.
• Must be highly proficient in all aspects of HD video and other media.
• Understanding of file based workflows is necessary.
• Must have excellent understanding of waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio meters and all tech specs.
• Extremely well organized
• Knowledge of MediaFlex and Amberfin a plus
• 2-4 years Tech Eval/QC experience in a broadcast or similar high pressure environment.
• Highly organized, team player, problem solver and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Educational Requirements Min AS degree or equivalent experience, BA preferred
Educational Requirements Knowledge of HD, SD video and audio formats, field and studio production and other forms of video production and post-production are very helpful to the successful completion of this job. Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: TBD