Media Operations Coordinator
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 1/7/2021 12:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Operations Coordinator jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Media Operations Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Operations Coordinator? THE ROLE: Media Operations Coordinator
This role reports to Media Operations in Stamford Ct. The duties in this hybrid position manage assets in Digital Media while also supporting Network Operations scheduling. This position would work non-traditional hours into the early evening and have regularly scheduled days off during the week. This role would also provide support in the department as needed for coverage due to unscheduled absence or vacation relief.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Support Broadcast Operations in finalizing broadcast logs using Wide Orbit and Bridge to prepare next day's logs and playlists
• Learn to Unfinalize and finalize logs in Wide Orbit including changing log stages as needed.
• Learn to use Bridge On Demand module to bring in the secondary events schedule as needed.
• Learn to validate the secondary events schedule in Bridge's Secondary Events Manager.
• Learn to generate playlist files in Bridge for any network assigned.
Support Broadcast Media Operations in Asset Delivery and Playback Readiness
• Determine and create work orders in Wide Orbit for scheduled commercials and promos with unprocessed media.
• Learn and implement commercial and promo processing workflows, troubleshooting, and communications to ensure all primary log events are delivered.
• Fulfill all requests for purge and purge and re-ingests.
• Provide Coverage for breaks, weekend and afterhours support, scheduled vacations, and sick time.
Assist in Managing, Updating, and Distributing List of Missing Programs Scheduled for Air
• Identify and keep a list of scheduled shows that have missing media assets in MediaFlex.
• Assess and document the status and progression of the materials through the processes of arrival, post production, A&E and EDM QC and ingest.
• Monitor these materials through the missing program materials report (MISR) and follow-up on ingest status with Post Production and/or A+E QC if missing items are time sensitive for air.
• Working with EDM and A+E QC, Commercial Operations and Broadcast Ops departments to troubleshoot MISR discrepancies on programs airing within 24 hours. Initiate remedial action and coordinate information flow.
• Send nightly status report notifying all connected departments of media still needed for the next broadcast day.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to support various aspects of Broadcast Media and Broadcast Operations, from delivery to scheduling of media elements. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. You will collaborate with all technical and operations teams throughout our technical facilities as you contribute to fulfilling the wide-ranging responsibilities of the Broadcast Operations. We will provide challenges for your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to preparing, delivering and scheduling award winning content for linear distribution and broadcast.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Film, Television or related field preferred
• 3+ years in an operational role in a media/broadcast environment strongly preferred
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Both an analytical and creative thinking mind-set
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.