A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Media Manager (Temporary)
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
THE ROLE: Post Production Media Specialist (Temporary)
• Primarily remote work - may require intermittent onsite work out of mid-town Manhattan office. Monday thru Friday with two available shifts - day and swing.
• 18 month employment length maximum - pending performance and workload needs - with potential for conversion to staff.
• Support and consult with internal production team on tech calls for shoots, pre-pro calls, post-production support, ingest, asset archive, delivery, workflow development and troubleshooting.
• Liaison to external vendors handling ingest of shoot media to cloud services.
• Onboard and provide technical support to long-form editors and assistant editors working on-site and remotely.
• Assist in managing storage allocations on Avid ISIS/NEXIS, nearline storage as well as Avid cloud storage.
• Support and administer all media assets, metadata, folders, rules, and access across post-production storage and systems both on-site and in the cloud.
• Collaborate with technical teams on determining workflows and protocols for media management, storage, and access.
• Support Vantage workflows for camera Ingest, automated QC and file delivery.
• Maintaining various system trackers-databases for resources, projects and assignments updates.
• Assist Senior Director of Post Production with assignments, overflow and testing; included but not limited to internal training, troubleshooting, technical document creation and communication with external vendors.
• Assist archivist in the preparation of RAW media and sub-masters for backup and archiving.
• Self-directed, collaborative, solid communication (verbal and written) and commitment to follow through
• Long-form, episodic and offline/online experience
• Broadcast-cable television network experience
• Proficiency with but not limited to: Avid Media Composer, Avid Storage, Interplay, Vantage, Adobe Creative Suite, Blackbird
• Experience in remote workflows and technologies: HP-RGS, Avid Edit on Demand, Teradici
• Experience with file transfer and cloud solutions: Aspera, Signiant, Media Silo, Frame.io, FTP, Box
• Airtable, Office 365, MS Teams, Google G-Suite apps, Shift, Windows, Mac OSX
• In-field production experience as an AE // media manager is a plus!
• Must have reliable high speed internet for remote connectivity, will be asked for internet speed test. // Company PC laptop provided
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.