A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Media Coordinator Temp
The A+E Networks Short Form Monetization & Originals Media Coordinator will assist both groups with the research, request, receipt, and deletion of all enterprise media associated with Short Form production. Hours are M-F, 3-1130p
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Duties include, but are not limited to the following; and all are to be executed in line with production timelines and expectations:
• Research the enterprise asset library system to identify the appropriate assets needed for production
• Work with internal library personnel and external vendors, via request submission and management, to encode physical assets the migrate of existing file assets into cloud storage
• Ensure the proper naming of all assets migrating to the cloud, in line with enterprise nomenclature
• Transfer appropriate assets from cloud to local media storage
• Maintain local media storage organization and asset naming
• Liaise with Operations and Production personnel to identify when media may be deleted from local storage
• Liaise with Operations and Production personnel to identify when media and/or projects are being sent to or received from external vendors.
• Secondarily assist in culling and organizing assets for external use, and cataloging finished sequence metadata for archive
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You will be an integral part of a pair of burgeoning business models pairing staid legacy content, new creative vision, and the dynamism of digital distribution; all while adhering to norms and guidelines associated with high-volume and enterprise-wide resource usage
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 1-2 years working in a broadcast post production environment, or related experience
• Working knowledge of different media asset formats and A/V configurations
• Experience in researching and requesting varied media assets, physical and file-based, for production; via local and/or online databases
• Experience in requesting and managing fulfillment requests across multiple service providers, internal and external
• General experience with transcoding and encoding workflows, considerations when changing between media and file formats
• Working experience in media management, naming, tracking, etc.; including adherence to enterprise best practices
• Ability to juggle priorities across different production groups, managing workloads and expectations as needed
• Working knowledge of industry scheduling and asset registry systems like ScheduALL, MediaPulse, etc.
• Knowledge of various media storage systems such as AVID Nexis, AWS, etc.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!