Manager, Corporate Accounting
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
THE ROLE: Manager, Corporate Accounting
A+E Networks has an amazing Manager role with significant exposure in accounting, budgeting, and analytics functions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Manager, Corporate Accounting
• Responsible for proper accounting close and financial audit of one of AETN's joint ventures in accordance with US GAAP; conduct monthly review meetings to report the actual results to senior management
• Responsible for proper accounting of all corporate cost and equity investments and the related activities
• Prepare and/or review journal entries for various accounts on the balance sheet & P&L, including but not limited to accruals, reclasses and true-ups as needed.
• Review various account schedules, account rollforward and balance sheet reconciliations
• Review annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for various departments and ventures and investigate significant variances and follow up, work with different departments and venture liaisons to identify ongoing risks and opportunities.
• Oversee accounting for multiple office leases, active participation in the adoption of ASC 842
• Prepare all schedules related to the Company's Term Loan, Revolver Facility and Private Placement Notes, ensure proper accounting treatment for redemptions, payments and other activities
• Assist with year-end schedules and analyses for the annual financial audit of AETN.
• Prepare audited financials for one of our joint ventures.
• Perform ad-hoc analytics as requested by management.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to interact with various stakeholders within both the finance and business groups. You will develop strong relationships and use your professional skepticism to drill down into and propose solution to problems.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, highly knowledgeable in accruals and GAAP accounting
• 5-10 years of experience in accounting or auditing required
• CPA licensure required
• Hands-on private company and month/year end close experience preferred
• Experience with corporate accounting systems such as SAP or similar ERP system is desirable.
• Excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding; ability to identify key contacts for follow up
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships
• Detailed-oriented and strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines
• Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions
• Excellent analytical, financial modeling and research skills
• Eagerness to improve efficiency efforts and analyze complex business relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication / interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic & professionalism, must be able to handle confidential information
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.