Manager, Talent Management & Learning
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Manager, Talent Management & Learning
This role will help drive the design, development and implementation of innovative, creative, high-impact talent management and learning strategies to drive outstanding business performance. In this new position, you will enable the success of our people, our company and our brands through program management of multiple initiatives that build knowledge, skills and capabilities. You are eager to learn, and you will interact with stakeholders of different levels in the company. This role will report directly to the Director of Talent Management & Learning.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Provide end-to-end project and program management for all companywide initiatives: Performance Management, Succession Management including talent reviews, Career Pathing, Competency Development, Employee Engagement. Provide the same rigor and expertise in learning and development, including high potential employee development.
• Partners with HR Operations, IT and Company Leaders to design, develop and implement Performance Management, Talent Reviews, Succession Management, Individual Development Planning modules in Workday (includes Workday reporting, user testing, training, communication and change management).
• Facilitates instructor led training or via other delivery methods to employees on Talent Management initiatives.
• Partners with key stakeholders (People Team, HR OPs, and business leaders) to drive implementation, change management and issue management.
• Creates reporting mechanisms using MS Office software or Workday to report on Talent Management & Learning initiatives.
• Analyzes key data, identify trends, generate insights, present results, recommend solutions, and drive decisions to completion.
• Builds tools, processes and communication plans that support people (talent) review & succession planning including identification, engagement and growth strategies of high potential and emerging talent.
• Measures the impact of initiatives in delivering value for the business, which may include Change Management, Team Effectiveness, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Organizational Design, and Process Improvement.
• Supports team with triaging and drafting communications, both verbal and written, which allow for priorities/direction to be delivered to employees.
• Conducts data analysis and reporting using Excel tools to help drive and manage initiatives.
Learning & Development
• Assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
• Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
• Administers spending against the departmental budget.
• Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media. Design, Develop and Deploy training programs for New Managers – Senior level leaders and facilitate in house.
• Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
• Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
• Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
• Drives the planning, development, delivery, evaluation, and administration of various training and development programs (including executive and leadership training, coaching, job-shadowing, online training, D&I, compliance) and ensure training effectiveness and return on investment (ROI).
• Manages training and engagement programs to support A+E's inclusion and diversity goals.
• Manages learning registration portal and communication process, as well as, administer program scheduling and registration with ME+ site and tools to track employee training participation and progress.
• Owns the administration and reporting of all L&D global training including leadership nomination programs and timely submission to external industry leadership programs.
• Manager vendor relationships for learning and development courses, workshops, coaching, etc.
• Ensures delivery of all logistics for L&D workshops and courses, which include booking and setup of location and audio-visual equipment, as well as, training materials and aids.
• Partnering with HR communications to support development and deployment of all People Framework training and communication materials.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational processes, build a change management and learning culture. You'll enhance A+E's culture by developing our leaders and employees. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in Talent Management, Learning & Development, Project Management and/or Change Management.
• Proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing talent management and learning processes on an enterprise wide level using project management and multitasking skills and experience
• Fluency in data analysis using Excel tools and being able to analyze and present findings via PowerPoint, et al. tools to business stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal, and written communication skills, editing, listening, and presentation skills with an ability to clearly communicate and influence complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way to internal stakeholders. Will be able to facilitate instructor led courses to employees using different delivery methods.
• Fluency with online development tools and multimedia platforms coupled with the ability to quickly self-teach new technology/software
• Proven critical-thinking and analysis skills and ability to use data to develop insights and strategies
• You have a passion for – designing, developing, implementing, knowledge sharing, psychology, learning design and talent development; inclusion and diversity work
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline (HR, Learning/education, psychology, Communications…)
• Must be proficient in MS Office and project management software
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!