Manager, Svod Marketing
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
THE ROLE: Manager, SVOD Marketing
A+E Networks is seeking an ambitious, goal-oriented digital marketer to manage acquisition and retention marketing for our Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) products. With specific focus on HISTORY Vault, Lifetime Movie Club and potential new products supporting our other brands, this person will work across Owned & Operated and partner platforms to create and deploy holistic strategies down to individual tactics. S/he will touch multiple marketing channels including social, email, push notifications and partnerships. Reporting into the Sr. Director Digital Marketing, this person will be tasked with increasing awareness of our SVOD products, driving new customer acquisition and improving subscriber retention to maximize subscriber growth and revenue.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Partner with Editorial team to identify priority titles, placements and stunts throughout the year and maintain marketing calendars and plans internally and across partners based on these priorities
• Develop programs to drive incremental revenue throughout the customer's lifecycle including campaigns to drive content engagement, product upgrades and win-back former subscribers
• Work with the retention marketing team to optimize retention strategies including email marketing and push notifications
• Partner with the broader Audience Development team on creative/copy testing and other tactics to drive new subscribers at an appropriate cost per acquisition across platforms
• Identify and manage marketing partnerships and relationships to build brand awareness and drive incremental subscribers
• Liaise with marketing contacts across content distribution partners to maximize marketing opportunities on every platform
• Work closely and collaboratively with several internal departments (including Research, Digital Product Management, Digital Content Distribution, Digital Technology, Design, UX, Marketing, Sales, and Development) to leverage customer data and segmentation to drive both acquisition and engagement
• Analyze content engagement and marketing campaign performance data to adjust and optimize ongoing marketing strategies
• Propose, design and execute test-based findings while building and deployment of new technology
• Continually explore competitive best practices – researching industry trends, attending educational seminars and identifying and vetting new vendors and partnerships
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to hone your data driven marketing strategy skills. You will be working in a new, dynamic business that is a strategic growth opportunity for A+E Networks.
You will collaborate across divisions and grow as a digital marketer. You will also gain experience across multiple marketing channels and relationships spanning content distribution and marketing partners.
• 6-8 years' experience in a CRM development / execution role or a direct marketing / customer acquisition or retention role with a proven track record of success.
• Experience with subscription business models a strong plus.
• Highly quantitative and creative thinker, able to synthesize multiple data streams, extremely detail-oriented; able to think strategically and derive insights
• Comfortable working in complex organizations; able to gain buy-in and marshal resources across teams
• Proven self-starter who can identify new opportunities, analyze problems to develop tactics/strategies to drive growth, and push projects forward
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, especially in creating effective and compelling visuals to communicate quantitative data
• A hunger to learn and follow industry trends in order to drive innovation and business results
• Understanding of database functionality and the ability to communicate with developers
• Knowledge of digital media management and analytics tools and proven ability to leverage digital data and metrics to inform campaign strategies a plus
• Have a good understanding of the business goals associated with each element of the acquisition and engagement strategy. He or she must also 'own' and understand how to create and maintain the CRM elements from build to execution and allow work flows to run smoothly
• He or she will help people outside the team understand the process, as well as which interactions with the team are helpful and which are not
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.