Manager, Strategy and Business Development
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
We in Corporate Development are the matchmakers and die-hard romantics. Because for us, it's all about relationships. We scour the world over to find the right external partnerships to grow our current business and new business lines. As proud as we are of what A E Networks already is, we're even more psyched about what it can be. You're a strategic thinker with your eye trained squarely on what's next. You like to work hard, brainstorm often and laugh a lot. And if you've read this far, swipe right. Actually, just click apply.
The Role: Manager, Strategy and Business Development
During the past five years, A+E has transformed itself into a leading purveyor of original unscripted content, not only powering the traditional linear networks for which it's known (A&E, History, Lifetime) but also building a prolific global licensing program to take advantage of emerging digital distribution around the world. At the same time, it has deployed multiple direct-to-consumer services (Lifetime Movie Club, History Vault, Crime Central) that allow it to craft end-user experiences that are unique to its content library.
A+E's Global Content Sales (GCS) division is at the forefront of each of these initiatives and will continue to drive the Company's growth in these non-traditional activities. Lines of business within GCS include:
• global linear content licensing
• global digital content licensing (TVOD, SVOD, AVOD and FAST channels)
• operation of direct-to-consumer services
• management of owned-and-operated linear channels
• administration of program license agreements (PLAs) to linear channels and associated joint ventures
• non-U.S. co-productions and acquisitions
In this newly conceived role, the Manager, Strategy and Business Development is tasked with the support for the development and execution of growth initiatives that optimize future revenue while ensuring that A+E will remain in a position to control its destiny.
More About What You'll Do
• Construct quantitative models and form qualitative arguments that inform strategic decisions across all of A+E's GCS business unit, including:
• geographic market entry
• content valuation / pricing
• partnership participation
• Work collaboratively across GCS and the greater A+E Networks to support financial planning, sales and technology integration activities.
• Draft and, in some cases, present qualitative/quantitative plans to senior management to support the launch of new business lines.
Your Story (what you need to have)
• 5+ years' experience working in the video content business, ideally in companies that have linear channel operations
• first-hand leadership of emerging distribution models; a sense of how to manage disruptive technologies
• direct experience in negotiating licensing agreements and technology partnerships
• demonstrated track record of success in non-U.S. territories
• excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills, with comfort in presenting to senior management
• hands-on work ethic, particularly with respect to data acquisition and modeling; a predisposition for ''getting things done'' while taking a collaborative approach
• strong personal character that embraces honesty and transparency
• passion for technology as applied to the media business