Manager, Program Research
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2020 10:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Program Research jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Program Research postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Program Research? ''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend much of our time looking back at performance - and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.
THE ROLE: MANAGER, PROGRAM RESEARCH
Lead team in compiling and analyzing viewing data for VICE TV and their competition to fulfill daily demands of the Programming, Scheduling and Ad Sales teams. Advise management on current ratings/trends. Expert in systems to determine viewer behavior and work in conjunction with Sr. Manager/Director in designing insightful analyses that support strategies targeted at program development, scheduling, ad sales and acquisitions. Direct audience insights development through a variety of linear TV, digital and primary data sources. The ideal candidate possesses forward-thinking analytical skills with a strong background working with linear, and digital data. Must be a strong storyteller with impeccable attention to detail.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Spearhead performance highlights of key premieres, series launches, and schedule changes
• Orchestrate tracking and trending analyses from a multiple range of resources
• Lead ad-hoc analytical support and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., marketing, programming, sales, press).
• Serve as an expert on VICE TV: understand who the target audience is, what resonates with them, where to find them and how to talk to them
• Responsible for data collection, interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the research findings
• Must have strong initiative and follow-through and be able to anticipate the needs of clients
• Proactively inform team of competitive strategy and performance trending
• Supervise projects independently and allocate time appropriately to each analysis
• Create and execute project plans and processes for complex ad hoc requests and the needs of key stakeholders
• Oversee tasks simultaneously, prepare various written client deliverables, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Synthesize audience data and distribute/communicate core insights
• Advise on a wide variety of ad hoc requests
• Work with Senior Manager/Director to identify opportunities that maximize ratings performance for VICE TV
• Maintain and update TV schedule in Nielsen's programming system
• Shared time between A+E Networks office (4 days/week) and the VICE office (1 day/week)
• Collaborate with Senior Manager/Director in creating ratings forecasts for scatter and upfront
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5+ years in television research at a cable network, rep firm, syndicator, broadcast network or ad agency or research firm
• 4+ years of college
• Familiarity with Nielsen data and specific industry software: Star Media, N-Power, Arianna
• Working knowledge of consumer behavior and attitudinal tools: MRI, YouGov
• Strong research and analytical skills, with an ability to identify trends and make insightful recommendations
• Impeccable organization, written/oral communication skills, and attention to detail is critical
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of learning how to use new data sets and tools quickly
• Knowledge of the overall media space and new technology platforms as it relates to VICE Media in general and TV specifically
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• Preferred familiarity with digital analytics tools: Adobe Analytics, Freewheel, ComScore, Google Analytics
• A passion for research, entertainment, popular culture, the world around you, the VICE brand and the business of TV
• Bonus points: basic skills for data analysis programming languages: SQL, R, or Python; Experience with Tableau, Domo, etc.
* * * * *
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.