Manager, Program Accounting
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
THE ROLE: Manager, Program Accounting
In this role, the Manager, Program Accounting will oversee a wide range of Accounting and Finance related responsibilities that ensure the accurate reflection of amortization expense reported within Program Accounting across all of A+E Networks. You will manage all financial and contractual aspects of program accounting. You will actively participate within an empowered, self-directed, and cross-functional team environment.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Manager, Program Accounting will focus on:
• Monthly Programming P&L Reports - Compiling Amortization and Commitment reports
• Preparing Variance Analysis – Month over Month and various ad hoc requests for both amortization and commitment
• GL Reconciliations - Monthly balance sheet recon for programming Assets
• Preparing amortization, accrual, inventory and prepaid reports
• Preparing reclass entries when necessary
• Calculating Long Term programming asset entry
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
A+E Network's mission is to make content more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an A+E employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• 4-6 years or more of accounting/finance work experience. Any experience within Advertising / Media industry is a plus.
• CPA, MBA, or other advanced degree or qualification a plus
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and their practical application.
• Strong analytical orientation. Skills in financial analysis, including review of financial statements and analysis of key business metrics
• Prior experience in the use of financial and accounting systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently and simultaneously balance multiple projects and processes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel); experience with Google Product Suite software applications preferred
• Willingness to travel to client offices occasionally and as business needs require.
• Strong knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles, including Financial Modeling, Budget and Profitability analysis, Variance Analysis, and Financial Reporting.
• Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Excel performing complex data analysis including Pivot Tables and Macros.
• Experience working within a matrix environment supporting multiple business partners.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and be inclusive of ideas.
• Communicates clearly, accurately, and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
• Works independently and functions well under pressure; consistently pays attention to accuracy and quality of work.
• Takes initiative to add value beyond initial requests by anticipating future questions/follow up requests and proactively resolving them.