Manager, Learning & Development
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 12:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Learning & Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Learning & Development postings
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!
Please note that this role requires periodic on site attendance at our offices and full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces, in accordance with applicable law. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment or otherwise prior to receiving a conditional offer.
THE ROLE: Manager, Learning & Development
As the Manager of Learning & Development, you will help drive the design, development implementation, training and facilitation of innovative, creative, high-impact learning and talent management strategies to drive outstanding business performance. This role will report directly to the VP of People Development & Learning.
Learning & Development
• Assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive and deliver training initiatives and identifies and creates suitable training solutions for employees.
• Conducts annual training and development needs assessment via data gathering, focus groups and interviews with senior leaders
• Drives the design, development, delivery, evaluation, and administration of various training and development programs (including executive and leadership training, coaching, new manager curriculum, online training, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion,) and ensure training effectiveness and return on investment (ROI).
• Trains and facilitates both in-person and virtual training to a global audience
• Creates training metric scorecards to communicate and track effectiveness of training solutions.
• Manages and delivers diversity, equity and inclusion training and engagement programs to support A+E's DEI goals.
• Manages the communication, and administration of scheduling and registration to track employee training participation and progress.
• Manages vendor relationships for learning and development courses, workshops, coaching, etc.
• Working with leader as a business process lead and subject matter expert in design, developing and implementing a learning management system from identification of LMS vendor to launch.
• Researches and keeps informed on learning & talent management best practices.
• Provides end to end project and program management for all companywide initiatives: Performance Management, Succession Management including talent reviews, Career Pathing, Competency Development, Employee Engagement. Provides the same rigor and expertise in learning and development, including high potential development.
• Partners with HR Operations, IT and leader to design, develop and implement Performance Management, Talent Reviews, Succession Management, Individual Development Planning modules in Workday (includes Workday reporting, user testing, training, communication and change management).
• Partners with key stakeholders (People Team, HR OPs, and business leaders) to drive implementation, change management and issue management.
• Analyzes key data, identify trends, generate insights, present results, recommend solutions, and drive decisions to completion.
• Measures the impact of initiatives in delivering value for the business, which may include Change Management, Team Effectiveness, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Organizational Design, and Process Improvement.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have an opportunity to build transformational cultural, leadership, and organizational solutions. Also, you'll be able to seek out new innovative solutions and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted advisor and partner.
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience (Learning & Development, Talent Management, Change management and Project Management)
• 2-4 years of designing and developing eLearning training content/materials using eLearning software (Adobe Captivate, etc.)
• Will be able to deliver virtual & instructor led courses to employees using different delivery methods.
• Proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing learning & development & talent management processes on an enterprise wide level using project management and multitasking skills and experience
• Fluency in data analysis using Excel tools (pivot tables, VLOOKUP) and being able to analyze and present findings via PowerPoint, et al. tools to business stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal, and written communication skills, editing, listening, and presentation skills with an ability to clearly communicate and influence complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way to internal stakeholders.
• Fluency with online development tools and multimedia platforms coupled with the ability to quickly self-teach new technology/software
• Proven critical-thinking and analysis skills and ability to use data to develop insights and strategies
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline (HR, Learning/education, psychology, Communications…)
• Must be proficient in MS Office and project management software
• Ability to successfully work within a team environment and by themselves