Manager, Digital Distribution Marketingny Or Los Angeles, Ca
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Manager, Digital Distribution Marketing - New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
The Digital Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing an effective marketing strategy, developing strong brand voice and presence, and positioning new product offerings for A+E Networks' growing content licensing business. This role will support the company's digital growth strategy, extending our brands to new audiences, and growing the A+E presence in the streaming marketplace. This is a hybrid marketing and business development position.
As the key marketing point for digital content licensing at A+E, this role is both highly visible within the organization, working across groups (social, digital, programming, research, operations, legal and finance) to execute against strategy, while acting as the externally-facing relationship manager for our marketing partnerships with streamers.
The Marketing Manager is a creative thinker and team player who thrives on generating strategies and ideas to reach our ambitious creative and business goals. This role reports to the VP of Growth Marketing at A+E Networks.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Plan the annual marketing priorities for the department, identify key opportunities, communicate to stakeholders and execute accordingly
• Build new brands. Help shepherd through the creation of new digital channels, products and packages with oversight of VP
• Brief and oversee to completion all marketing programs for the department: from creative, to media planning, to social/digital/DM efforts, to events and beyond
• Manage relationships with partner marketing teams and track priorities
• Closely track partner co-promotions: oversee coordinator to assemble asset packages, work with partners to develop collateral (e-blasts, social assets, promo, etc.) and facilitate approvals
• Track reporting and metrics – both internal and from our external partners – and surface learnings to help build our practice
• Support the sales team in business development with the creation of pitch decks and sizzles (working within- and out-of-house design/production resources)
• Keep tabs on synergistic marketing timelines across the company: Attend weekly meetings with DTO/DTC, YouTube, Social, Podcasting, Experiential and other groups to keep priorities grid up-to-date for team
• Work with digital and social teams at A+E to launch websites, craft e-blasts, brief and oversee social campaigns, all with a keen eye to design and marketplace trends
• Work with the Podcasting team to develop and market new A+E podcasts to listeners around the world.
• Oversee one coordinator supporting the department to ensure creative job requests are submitted in a timely manner, asset libraries are kept fresh, and communication is clear and productive.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the Distribution arm of A+E, you'll gain a 360-degree view of the new and emerging ways that our content gets to the viewer. Through the Sales team, you'll learn about the contractual relationships A+E has with our partners across multiple OTT, AVOD and SVOD platforms. You'll interact with platforms as they are launching and help them build their presence in year one and beyond. In the Operations group, you'll get the behind-the-scenes look at mission-critical tasks around technical support, contract management and compliance and data integrity and analysis. And finally, through the Product Development team, you'll gain a unique understanding of how we optimize content scheduling and delivery across the rapidly changing media landscape.
• 6+ years of experience in a marketing function in the TV or entertainment space
• Excellent communicator with the ability to manage high volume of priorities and execute in a goals-driven environment
• Team player happiest working in collaborative environments
• Big-picture thinker able to manage multiple shifting timelines and priorities
• Skilled relationship manager and collaborator with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong creative writing skills.
• Comfortable with budget tracking.
• Microsoft Office pro. Adobe InDesign a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
No matter the content, none of our great programming would air without the expertise of the Distribution team. We are the group that meets and negotiates with the companies that broadcast our content. We're also quick on our feet. As technology changes the media landscape, impacting viewer behavior and traditional models, we pivot to deliver new solutions that extend our content, brand and reach. While much of our work takes place in meeting rooms behind the scenes, our results are out there for all to see.