Manager, Data Analytics & Strategy
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Manager: Data Analytics & Strategy
A E Networks is seeking a Manager to engage in CRM/audience data analytics, data management, and data QA to support addressable media data strategy for A E brands (A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME, LMN, FYI) on digital platforms (desktop, mobile, connected devices), as well as linear television.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Perform analytic due diligence and QA across the CRM Data Ecosystem including DMP (Data Management Platform) and potential Big Data Environment--understanding data sources in order to ensuring proper data capture and data governance
• Assess and prescribe common Business Rules for data definitions/aggregates, etc. for common Enterprise-wide applications and objectives
• Create POV on Second and Third Party Data opportunities and build out a business case for its application(s)
• Support Business Use Cases through Data Requirements/Gap assessment and data flow requirements across Activation Platforms
• Work with ETL engineers to structure and aggregate data to meet business and analytical needs
• Develop Reporting (Tableau) that targets various data diagnostics as well as utilization
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5-8 years of experience preforming CRM data analytics (both digital and traditional) in various data environments (DMP / Big Data / Traditional Relational)
• Experience in data management and data governance
• Experience interpreting technical documents including logical and physical data models
• Experience performing analysis with relational databases using SQL
• Familiarity with syndicated research for television (Nielsen) is a plus
• Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire) is a plus
• Working knowledge of ad/marketing technology is a plus
• Experience in Statistical Analytics and Modeling is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Applied Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Decision Science or heavy data analytics/programming equivalent
• Master's degree a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend much of our time looking back at performance - and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.