Manager, Consumer Marketing
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Consumer Marketing, Lifetime (temporary))
THE ROLE: Manager, Consumer Marketing, Lifetime (Temporary)
The Manager of Consumer Marketing will use their creativity and collaborative skills to drive success for one of television's most iconic brands. Working closely with the Director of Consumer Marketing & Media, you will be responsible for crafting and implementing communication plans and marketing strategies across paid and emerging media platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Manager, Consumer Marketing, Lifetime:
• Develop briefs to inspire best-in-class creative and innovative multiplatform campaigns. Collaborate with research & programming teams to develop objectives, audience profiles, positioning and communication strategy.
• Brainstorm creative solutions to build brand awareness for the full brand ecosystem
• Lead the development of paid media briefs, including identifying specific metrics for success for each show, to guide media agency to develop successful off-air campaigns
• Work closely with external media agencies and internal creative team to identify and develop creative assets based on platform, objective and audience.
• Work closely with production partners to manage department work flows, deadlines, assignments, etc. and ensure campaigns come together and deliver in a timely way
• Review and track campaign results and utilize/communicate finding to help optimize and develop future efforts.
• Help to disseminate information to other areas within the network/organization (PR, programming, sales marketing, etc.) to ensure efforts are aligned with brand.
• Craft internal communication materials, including campaign summary documents, e-mails and talent decks
• Provide support to the Consumer Marketing & Media team, including scheduling meetings, maintaining tracking documents, distribution of internal communication materials and other tasks as needed
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
How to marry creativity with data to produce effective, innovative marketing campaigns. You'll work with teams across all departments learning how the process comes together from the show's creation, to the marketing and promotion of it, and you'll be an integral part of that process to bring all the departments and plans together. You'll work on miniseries, unscripted reality shows, and lots of documentaries, and learn about the different the strategies that support them to make them successful.
• Experience working with consumer marketing and creative groups, but more importantly, with media agencies and data/analytics
• 3+ years' experience in the entertainment industry, ideally TV network experience would be a plus
• College degree, preferably in marketing or communications
• Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects, working under tight deadlines and pressure are necessary to succeed in this role
• Strong analytics skills a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Additional Job Description
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.