Manager, Ad Sales Partnerships
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY More than a century after P.T. Barnum, Ad Sales has proven that the entertainment business has changed and money is made when honesty, business acumen and industry knowledge come together to solve clients' problems. As the biggest breadwinner for the company, we are continually searching for way to bring new dollars into the fold. Driven by strong creative and rooted in data and strategy, we provide advertisers with the valuable exposure they need in the specific markets they want to reach. So if you've got an aptitude for data and planning as well as a salesperson's drive, we'd like you under our big top. Extra points if you can juggle.
THE ROLE: Manager, Ad Sales Partnerships
Help manage the departmental activities for monetizing network content and assets to drive national ad sales revenue for A+E Networks
Position description listed below applies to general manager role for Partnerships.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead 360 ideation and response on all RFPs under assigned categories, including meeting with account executives, advising on pitch strategy and leading brainstorms with internal resources
• Prepare thoughtful, well-written pitches, either in word doc or power point format
• Present ideas to sales and to clients as needed, including in-person pitches
• Manage product knowledge for assigned network(s) and disciplines, including preparing client-facing, well-designed one sheets and decks based on internal marketing information
• Knowledgeable in latest digital/social marketing products and tools and how they can be leveraged in strategic 360 campaigns
• Liaise with multiple business areas involved in cross-functional projects
• Work on special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
• Lead training sessions as appropriate
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
First and foremost as a member of A+E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• College degree
• 5+ Years of industry experience
• Advanced knowledge of sales process and Integrated Marketing best practices
• Advanced knowledge of digital and social landscape
• Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Strong knowledge of cable industry
• Skills in diplomacy required
• Ad agency and/or client experience a plus
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Need to be able to multi-task and efficiently manage time & priorities
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.