A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Legal Assistant
Provide coordination, administrative and legal support to the Los Angeles Legal & Business Affairs team which consists of a Senior Vice President, four Vice Presidents, a Director, two assistants, and a contract administrator.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Provide assistance to the team by managing day to day administrative responsibilities
• Provide telephone support as needed; provide word processing services; set up and coordinate meetings and conferences including scheduling rooms; maintain contact lists
• To support the team in effectively performing duties and ensuring that issues and tasks are handled in a timely manner
• Make travel arrangements, prepare travel and entertainment expense reports and oversee the processing of outside counsel invoices;
• Collect credit card and cash receipts, invoices and other documentation and prepare report in Concur for reimbursement to executives
• Support New York business affairs and legal executives when in town
• Prepare memos regarding marketing and promotion guidelines/restrictions based on review of the underlying talent and studio agreements for each of our original movies and series; review credits, prepare credit billing blocks and list of credit requirements for each project.
• Checking for inconsistences in proposals from other departments with regard to contracted artists that could put A E at risk (i.e. incorrect billing order, talent approvals, or legal designations)
• Review contracts to answer requests from our marketing and publicity departments on promotional issues, questions that arise regarding the use of talent to promote or market our movie or series.
• Draft and generate redlines of various agreements for review and polish by senior legal drafters
• Research and provide legacy documents as requested by various colleagues
• Send out contracts for signature internally and externally
• Track all requests and responses regarding talent agency package fees
• Assist managing deal flow, assignments, payments and occasionally cover for the contracts administrator
• Upload legal documents to other systems for use by other departments and manage document distribution.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; PPL; Concur; Aspen; Jaguar
• Prior business affairs, law department or law firm administrative or paralegal experience
• Strong communication and organizational skills, positive upbeat and can-do attitude, willingness to take initiative, refined judgment and discretion
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Much like medieval knights, our Legal and Business Affairs team protects the livelihood of the kingdom. We're the forgers of iron-clad contracts, overseers of content production and defenders of intellectual property rights. Given the competitive nature of our industry, collaboration and attention to detail are traits we highly prize, and you should value and match those attributes. Also, you should have a POV and enjoy staying tuned in to new commercial developments.