International PR Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A E Networks International seeks a Manager for the New York-based International Publicity Department. Position provides PR support to the Intl PR team. Candidate must be a strong writer who can identify, create and manage publicity opportunities for A E Networks' brands, content and talent globally as well as represent the company's viewpoint.
One of the most important and yet challenging parts of this position is being able to multi-task and to work with partners around the world as well as senior management to drive international communications objectives. Candidate must also be able to interface with talent and their representatives. The job also requires quick responsiveness to both internal groups and external groups operating in different time zones and during international business travel. Must have excellent follow-through skills and be able to interact with all levels of management, and different personalities in order to resolve any issues that arise with professionalism and a positive demeanor.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Establish and build relationships with international press, channel partners and distribution clients
• Contributes creative ideas and pitch angles for major tent pole campaigns, content sales markets and corporate sponsorships/festivals
• Develops and executes global press events, junkets, screenings, q&a's
• Pitches A E Intl execs for panels at all key markets
• Pitches press for press stories and executive q&a's and profiles
• Field asset requests from press outlets, channel partners and content distribution clients
• Handle talent during international publicity tours, appearances, press junkets and other events
• Cover international phone interviews with talent
• Work screenings, press junkets, set visits, and special events as needed
• Travel to intl events, markets as needed
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS]
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• International PR experience
• Solid set of press contacts/relationships
• Experience working with talent
• A solid writer
• A proactive person who will learn to anticipate issues and solve them with aplomb
• Positive can do nature and good sense of humor
• Meticulous about details
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.