International Media Services & Operations Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we're fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered ''yes'' (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.
THE ROLE: International Media Services & Operations Manager
The International Media Services & Operations Manager will join the A+E International Operations team in a role focused on driving our division's goals forward by aligning the Int'l business (sales, marketing, etc.) with operational solutions. Working closely with internal teams across the company (Technology, Engineering, Programming, Marketing, Sales), Int'l channel partners, and external vendors, the Manager must be technically minded while also displaying superior customer service & collaboration as they interface with non-technical personnel throughout the division as well as external clients.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO: (Specific responsibilities)
• International Workflow Optimization
• Provide operational support across the International division including Marketing, Sales and Programming.
• Establish and drive workflows in support of new business initiatives including global AVOD launches and International co-productions and local productions
• Coordinate with IT and Fulfillment to establish processes for compiling and delivering metadata to VOD clients
• Coordinate with Acquisitions, Programming, Sales and Production on projects related to library acquisitions and downstream global distribution
• Assist in vetting and testing new technology
• Cross-Departmental Technology Liaison:
• Review client and production partner delivery tech specs and ensure compliance for sales deals
• Act as liaison to Engineering & IT related to projects & BAU workflows across the supply chain (post-production, QC, transcoding, delivery)
• Media Management
• Monitor growing global cloud media archive, tracking usage and costs related to compute, storage, & egress
• Supervise file reclamation projects, global media management, metadata capture and archiving
• Persistently strive to optimize and exploit efficiencies across the International supply chain
• Manage vendor relationships and rate negotiations
• International Project Support
• Coordinate with Finance to conduct analysis in support of new business initiatives and projects
• Create Powerpoint presentation materials for International Operations SVP, VP and Directors
• Assist with the creation and utilization of workflow collaboration tools, such as SharePoint
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
This role offers the opportunity to work closely with a diverse group of individuals and teams across virtually every area of the business (Marketing, Engineering, IT, Broadcast Operations, Sales, Finance, Programming, Legal) as well as collaborate with teams around the world in Asia, EMEA, & Latin America. Additionally, the incumbent will work on projects aimed at adopting cutting edge technology as we transition to cloud workflows across the media supply chain.
• BA or BS in Production, Post Production or Technology related field
• 3-5 years of experience at a broadcast or digital media company in an operations or technically focused role
• Previous experience in a business or client facing role
• Firm understanding of the broadcast media supply chain & technical standards including post-production, QC, transcoding, & delivery
• Working knowledge of cloud providers, such as AWS, and basic cloud principles
• Ability to interpret and communicate technical specifications to non-technical personnel
• Excellent Powerpoint skills
• Experience with financial analysis to build a business case
• Experience leading or contributing to time sensitive projects
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• High level of diplomacy and cultural sensitivity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and a proactive, flexible attitude towards managing multiple changing priorities
• Poise under fire in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work collaboratively and foster consensus
• A keen eye for detail while never losing sight of the broader strategic needs of the business
• Due to the global nature of the role, some work outside of regular business hours to continue driving deals forward may be required.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.