Interim Director Lead Production Accountant
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2023 4:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Interim Director Lead Production Accountant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Interim Director Lead Production Accountant postings
Full Time Job
Interim Director Lead Production Accountant A E Factual Studios
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have In-Office requirements, most temporary or third party payroll workers should expect to work remotely, unless otherwise discussed.
Division StoryMost people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
THE ROLE: Interim Director – Lead Production Accountant – A+E Factual Studios
The Interim Director – Lead Production Accountant role will be charged with leading a remote-based production accounting team of 5-6 staff/freelancers, responsible for managing all aspects of accounting, reporting and compliance. The role will partner with Physical Production, Creative, Business Affairs, Corporate Accounting, Treasury, FP&A and Senior Management for the development, production, and delivery of premium unscripted content. The ideal candidate will have both production accounting experience and exposure to working with corporate accounting and finance teams and have experience managing a high-volume slate of shows and development projects for internal A+E Networks and outside third parties. This assignment is slated to last 7-10 months. The role can be executed in person at one of our offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York City, on a hybrid basis or can be considered fully remote from a list of approved states.
Primary Responsibilities (Non-Exhaustive):
• Financial management and cost reporting for show productions and development.
• Manage a remote-based team of professionals.
• Set-up shows within A+E's production accounting ecosystem.
• Hire and manage show accountants as needed.
• Manage general ledgers, cost reports and trial balances for all productions.
• Review and post general ledger entries, reclasses, etc.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and distribute month-end close packages to Corporate Accounting and FP&A
• Distribute and reconcile petty cash.
• Review and approve invoices, wire transfers and production p-card transactions, including detailed management of Cashet accounts.
• Manage production payroll through multiple staffing agencies, while ensuring proper labor documentation and compensation rates are provided to and from both the production crew and the employment agency of record.
• Update show cost reports and general ledgers on a regular cadence and as agreed with Corporate Accounting, FP&A and Physical Production.
• Serve as key liaison between Production Accounting and FP&A.
• Proactively be informed and knowledgeable about industry trends and news relating to production and production accounting.
Technical Skills & Systems Knowledge:
• Expertise with the full suite of Entertainment Partners products and services (Smart Accounting, Movie Magic, etc.).
• Intermediate or advanced Excel knowledge, including complex modeling.
• Experience with payroll providers (EP, Atrium, etc.).
• SAP experience is ideal, but not critical.
• Minimum of a BSBA degree (ideally in accounting, business, math, etc.) – MBA, CPA or other graduate degree is a plus - but not necessary.
• 10+ years of production accounting experience in television or film.
• Solid leadership experience and, at the same time, comfortable working as an individual contributor.
Other Desired Experience:
• In-house studio experience.
• Experience working with unscripted productions.
• Experience working with a remote team in multiple states and time zones
CompensationContract Hourly Pay Rate: $0.00
The pay rate displayed serves as a good faith estimate for this role.
Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors
such as a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location, and
experience. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants, and makes employment decisions consistent with this principle. The company's employment actions and decisions – including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, and termination – are made without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, alienage or citizenship status, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, family and medical leave status, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A+E Television Networks is a joint venture of the Hearts Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.