Global Program Acquisitions Coordinator
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
THE ROLE: Global Program Acquisitions Coordinator
The individual in this position is responsible for the procurement, receipt, registration and processing of incoming media assets for all A+E Network brands, from outside program suppliers for commissioned, acquired and co-productions. This individual independently corresponds with internal colleagues, clients and outside suppliers, gathering updated information on upcoming deliveries, redeliveries and technical QC reconciliation.
The Global Program Acquisitions Coordinator will frequently be in a position to display problem-solving and multi-tasking skills in the fast paced world of Global Program Acquisition Services. Constant questions from suppliers, negotiating late deliveries, helping suppliers to deal with technical fixes, and answering to the needs of A+E internal clients, is a huge daily challenge. Immediate action and immediate solutions are often required to solve problems based upon immediate airdates, and/or distribution delivery dates. Collaboration with the Global Program Acquisitions team members is essential in applying best practices, and taking advantage of past experiences with similar problems. Frequent communication and, collaboration with internal colleagues in Programming, Scheduling and Business Affairs as well as building cordial and trusting relationships with A+E program suppliers is essential.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Handle internal and external communication to ensure delivery dates for each series/program are adhered to, notifying key stakeholders of any delivery changes/delays.
• Provide Program Acquisitions team with delivery statuses as needed in advance of long weekends, holidays and special events.
• Make sure that all suppliers have correct metadata and file names prior to delivery.
• Collaborate with the Programming/Scheduling teams to make sure that correct metadata exists in the Enterprise Programming Database for each incoming program/series.
• Track all file deliveries, verifying automated metadata, making manual modifications where needed, tracking each delivery through transcode and Technical Evaluation.
• Responsible for technical reconciliations with program suppliers and internal clients for assigned A+E brands.
• Independently create workflows to make sure that no file delivery goes without technical review – making sure that no programs falls through the cracks.
• Maintain internal knowledge- base of assets for A+E Enterprise availability.
• Provide day to day support to the Program Acquisition Services team as needed.
• Available to work an occasional weekend or night as needed.
• This position requires an individual who is motivated to learn and gain technical knowledge and business experience to be able to represent Content Services & Operations to outside program suppliers and across all A+E Depts.
• This individual must have excellent communication skills and have the temperament to deal with many of types of individuals – internal colleagues, clients and suppliers, and display a degree of diplomacy and tact.
• This individual must be an organized multitasker with an excellent eye for detail.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to support all aspects of the Media Supply chain, from acquisition through transformation to distribution. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. You will collaborate with all technical and operations teams throughout our technical facilities as you contribute to fulfilling the wide-ranging responsibilities of the Global Acquisition Services Dept. We will provide challenges for your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing, acquiring and distributing award winning content around the world.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years' experience working in Post Production.
• The candidate should be detail oriented, an organized individual who can handle multi-tasking and working on various projects with multiple internal and external departments daily.
• Basic knowledge of television production and/or post-production as well as knowledge of HD broadcast video and HD file formats is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office required.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.