Global Evaluation Technician Temp
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Global Evaluation Technician Temp
This Technician will be responsible for performing Global Technical Evaluation and Quality Control of all A+E Networks television programs. The Technician will uphold specs and standard operating procedures that adhere to the US and Global requirements. This includes all English language content delivered for both domestic and worldwide distribution, as well as A+E owned foreign language productions, and acquired programming intended for domestic distribution only.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Work in a pair or individually to perform global technical evaluations of A+E long form programming. The individual will use Amberfin, Aurora Auto Quality Control, IPV, Wohlers, vectorscopes and waveform monitors to evaluate video, audio, and closed captioning issues. This ensures all programs meet A+E global technical standards.
• Review and monitor all audio tracks to make sure they meet Global standards. Must have solid understanding of Full Mix, M&E and split audio.
• Perform a technical evaluation on all re-deliveries to confirm all fixes were properly made.
• A strong technical understanding of broadcast quality production, editing and mastering is required, including standards conversion, video compression and best practices for handling HD footage during post production in both tape and file-based workflows. Firm comprehension of audio mixing and stem creation is required. Knowledge of 4K formats and processing a plus.
• Proactively troubleshoot video and audio issues and persistently apply industry knowledge to meet high technical standards.
• Must be able to maintain open communication between self and staff. Management of schedule and ability to prioritize deadlines and workload is critical. This ensures individuals are notified promptly and accordingly on status of shows and media as well as made aware of any necessary changes to current workload.
• Communicate with scheduling, captioning and network managers re: specific program status as required.
• Attend QC dept. meetings and follow all procedures as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will learn what it takes to produce and deliver high quality content to markets around the world. You will acquire a wide range of technical knowledge of television media, as well as a deep understanding of the standards and requirements needed to distribute that content worldwide. You will be at the forefront of developing and testing the new workflows and technology needed to continue producing and delivering the award-winning content A+E Networks is known for.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Must be highly proficient in all aspects of HD broadcast video.
• Must be well versed in multiple frame rates, file resolutions and codecs.
• Must have an excellent understanding of waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio meters and all technical specs as needed.
• Must be extremely organized.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to quickly adapt to new technology and workflows.
• Knowledge of MediaFlex, Amberfin, and IPV is a plus.
• Knowledge of audio mixing and stem creation a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively.
• Team player and problem solver with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Min A.S. Degree in Communications or equivalent or 4+ years equivalent Tech Eval/QC experience in the Media Industry, or similar high-pressure environment.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!