FYI Programming Coordinator / Specialist
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: FYI Programming Coordinator/Specialist Job Description
The FYI Programming Coordinator/Specialist works as part of the FYI Scheduling, Acquisition and Strategy team. The coordinator will work with all internal departments to ensure premiere dates, scheduling changes, and other various needs are being communicated for the network.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
FYI Programming Coordinator/Specialist Job Description
• Manage Scheduling rollout/planners for all parts of FYI, Primetime, Daytime and Weekend
• Responsible for episodic scheduling of all FYI series/A&E shared content
• Primary scheduler for PPL (internal scheduling software), including air schedules, revisions, formats, piece number creation, etc.
• Point person for various internal/external departments, including but not limited to: Ad Sales, Sponsorship, Programming/Production, Traffic, International, Finance, Content Distribution, Promos/Marketing, Social Media, Commercial Operations, and Listing
• Work with Operations to ensure materials are delivered as needed
• Oversee creation of enhanced content
• Multi-platform scheduling including Air table scheduling
• Along with Manager tasked with episodic scheduling of A&E Home programming block.
• Work with Manager to track competitive networks and programs
• Screen and recommend acquisitions
• Ad-hoc projects as needed
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in several areas critical to the scheduling and programming of a network. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player who also can take initiative and own a project from start to finish.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in communications, film, television or related field
• Content Strategy experience a strong plus
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent attention to detail, strong communication & organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and adapt quickly
• Knowledge of television programming and the pop culture competitive landscape
• Strong interest in data analysis and applying data-based solutions a plus