Financial Analyst, Participations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Financial Analyst, Participations
The Financial Analyst is responsible for quarterly profit participations reporting to producers, talent and business partners for television, theatrical and new media motion pictures across all A+E brands. This role requires an individual who is familiar with and adept at disseminating contract language for financial terms, who is highly organized and efficient at culling financial data from various internal systems, feed files and third-party reports; a professional able to effectively and kindly communicate with both internal and external business partners to ensure timely processing and delivery of statements.
Most importantly, we're looking for a team player who is eager to learn, contribute and offer solutions to improve efficiency and productivity. If this sounds like you, let's talk!
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Review and reconcile sales feeds to generate participation statements and maintain the import schedule to ensure all parties meet delivery requirements.
• Analyze, prepare and issue quarterly participation statements in accordance with financial terms of participant contracts.
• Review and reconcile monies in our "suspense" report, prior to generating statements, to ensure all reportable receipts are accounted for.
• Maintain product library ID's (sku's) in our system on new digital & license sales from 3rd party distributors.
• Work with management and IT to evaluate and implement system improvements.
• Correspond and work together with Legal, International, Licensing and other internal groups to ensure all required data to generate participation statements are accurately captured in our system.
• Maintain and memorialize all correspondences, records and specific variables for each assigned account. And be able to respond to any inquiries, disputes and audits by participants as they may arise.
• Prepare quarterly and ad-hoc reports for various finance teams to assist with budget forecasts and accruals.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to polish your contract interpretation skills for all entertainment media platforms. You will contribute in our new system implementation and will have the opportunity to help build a Participation system that will bring accuracy and transparency to our reporting. In addition, you'll learn that all ideas are welcome on our collaborative team and you will be able to build strong relationships with not just your coworkers but with business units across the entire company.
• BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience.
• 1 + years of experience
• Entertainment Royalty payments experience
• Strong Excel skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills required
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to interpret contractual terms
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to handle confidential information
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.