Financial Analyst International Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Financial Analyst, International Media Operations
The Financial Analyst, International Media Operations (IMO) will provide support to the Director, Finance for budget, forecasting, financial analysis, planning/integration of new business, invoice coding and approval, vendor negotiations, and other ad hoc reports/projects as needed.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead the budget, forecast and risk op processes by working with the IMO team and owning all of the back-up files.
• Oversee monthly budget tracking and accrual process to ensure accuracy of spreadsheets and submissions to departmental finance team(s).
• Use the GL Detail download from SAP and the individual line tracker files to complete the monthly accruals. To make certain an accurate P&L is presented to key stakeholders
• Use Carta(AP) to review and code all International Operations invoices. Send coded invoices to the appropriate line manager.
• Work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies.
• Review all vendor accounts on a quarterly basis to insure accounts are up to date and all outstanding invoices are received and paid as quickly as possible.
• Compare accrual activity to see what is still outstanding by each account line. When possible contact vendors to make sure they are invoicing us in a timely manner. To ensure timely postings of any activity to provide accurate monthly results.
• Provide direct support to SVP of International Media Operations on all special projects requiring financial analysis, including new business development projects and other global multi-year initiatives.
• Work with the SVP on any project where additional financial measurements are needed. To make sure the SVP has everything needed to make the soundest decision.
• Perform any ad hoc analysis as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to manage the complex financial data models and ensure accuracy when presenting the numbers. By leading the month-end closing process, you are expected to proactively make sound, independent decisions to address issues and resolve problems as they arise. You will have full authority to establish, communicate and enforce SOP with external vendors and will act as a liaison with internal teams regarding operational issues. You will gain experience in international operations and financial support to business development ideas.
• BS Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 1-3 years similar experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; SAP
• Entertainment experience
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and high volume within tight deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer service attitude; tact and diplomacy
• Sensitivity to diversity and cultural customs and issues
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.