A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Division StoryMonetizing A E Network's vast and growing television library of tens of thousands of hours is our sole mission. Our team manages partnerships with the most prolific digital video and social platforms and emerging newcomers, responsible for the changing manner in which consumers get content all over the world. We create new products, including immersive subscriptions services, innovative digital networks, and top-rated podcasts leveraging the powerful brands of A E Networks. Our division thrives on the convergence of best in class storytelling, exciting new technologies, complex data and insights, and most importantly, consumer driven preferences and tastes.
THE ROLE: Executive Assistant
A+E Networks has an open Executive Assistant position that will support both our SVP of International Programming and our EVP of Global Content Sales. The Executive Assistant will add to the efficiency of the department and will deliver personalized support to the executives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Create agendas and format information for internal and external presentations, meetings, or communications
• Actively learns the business through creation and/or compilation of meeting materials, being curious, asking questions
• Anticipate project needs, meetings, and materials through meeting attendance and involvement
• Create, organize, ensure correctness, assess, and keep current digital folders of clients/meetings/presentations/research
• Organize and oversee coordination for regularly scheduled department meetings
• Facilitate and manage daily schedules and schedule meetings
• Screen and route calls as necessary
• Maintain effective communication regarding calendar and changes to calendar as well as schedule reminders and planning upcoming senior meetings
• Maintain alertness to potential problems, always being proactive to avoid scheduling conflicts
• Represent with high level of professionalism and decorum
• Schedule travel, create itineraries, provide overall assistance and support during travel
• Prepare expense reports using Concur database system
• Reconcile travel expenses
• Perform various department tasks using in-house database systems (Carta AP, Debut, Airtable, Concur, PPL)
• Receive and coordinate production payment milestones, and route to Accounts Payable/Legal as necessary
• Overall coordination for department needs:
• Actively creates and monitors projects + assignment deliverable(s) + dates across executives and team
• File maintenance; clerical initiative and support
• Regular and organized communication with our suppliers
• Draft routine correspondence
• Conduct industry research as requested
• Share in providing administrative coverage, etc. for others in department, as necessary.
• Utilize available tech tools to help improve efficacy, cadence + processes of meetings and asynchronous work activities
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Develop a broad understanding division operations
• Self-starter, who applies individual initiative to improve current processes, anticipate needs, identify issues impeding success, and propose creative, viable solutions
• Well-developed skills in prioritizing, proactive correspondence follow-up, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills
• Positive attitude who takes pride in their work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to be helpful and thoughtful in any way needed to support the team and organization
• You know your way around Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) and are tech-savvy
• Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and delivering during time pressured situations
• Agile – able to adjust easily to change
• 4-year college education, or equivalent life and/or work experience
• 5+ years administrative experience preferably within a media and/or agency environment
CompensationHourly Pay Range: $33.15 - $43.38Annual Incentive Target: 5%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A&E Television Networks, LLC is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.