A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant, President and Chairmans Office Team
THE DIVISION'S STORY A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
THE ROLE: Executive Assistant, President and Chairman's Office Team
Summary: Reporting to the Creative Strategy Manager within the Office of the President and Chairman, the Executive Assistant serves as one the primary points of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President and Chairman. They also serve as a liaison to senior management teams and external executives; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and can, from time-to-time, oversee special projects as assigned by the Creative Strategy Manager, Chief of Staff (CoS) and the President and Chairman. They are on a team of four (4), which-in addition to the CoS and Creative Strategy Manager-also includes another Executive Assistant counterpart. They must be able to, at times, work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and matters and always operate with the utmost confidentiality, discretion and integrity. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a mission- and results-driven environment. This individual will have the ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, as well as have the ability to maintain balance managing multiple priorities that can be fluid at times. They will regularly act as a ''back-up'' for their counterpart (and vice versa), so while their day-to-day may not include all office activities, they need to be apprised of current developments across the Office Team.
The ideal individual will not hesitate when asking questions and will intuitively know when to escalate a priority or task. They will be proactive in managing details like follow-ups and have the ability to work independently on tasks and projects from conception to completion.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and Chairman's office, including composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; supporting the compilation of documents for travel-related meetings; liaising with IT and other shared services teams; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports.
• Their primary areas of responsibilities are:
o Email drafts and correspondence.
o Tech needs and inquiries: Home and Office set-up (includes maintaining and organizing credentials).
o Meeting prep and topical research (for example: Pre-PAC--Program Approval Committee; PAC meeting prep; PAC/Board Approvals).
o Domestic travel planning.
o Event coordination (invites, RSVPs, follow-ups and logistical elements, (e.g., seating plans).
• Coverage areas of responsibility are:
o Calendar: updates, management, briefings (e.g., Agendas and Pre-reads)
o Board Member coordination
o International travel planning.
o External Board prep and planning (e.g., NCTA, Paley Center, etc.).
• Proactively takes ownership of, and prioritizes, multiple projects and administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Delivers and performs with urgency and quality ensuring all details are addressed. Has a demonstrated ability to meet hard deadlines and commitments.
• When needed, attends and schedules meeting with stakeholders and team members across a variety of levels, and, when communicating, tailoring communications and correspondence appropriately.
• Can independently develop timelines and manage orderly flow of tasks and assignments from inception to completion.
• Is collaborative and can work cross-functionally/divisionally. Is able to be as accountable to team members they may not have a direct reporting relationship to as they are to those they do.
• Independently overcomes roadblocks with critical thinking and problem solving, recommends solutions to identified obstacles using sound judgement and does not hesitate or procrastinate when escalating and asking for guidance.
• Pays attention to details with proactive thinking and tries to anticipate for big picture execution to avoid potential issues and confusion.
• Keeps everyone informed of critical information and utilizes other team members as needed to ensure a smooth operation.
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• 1-3 years of experience in a similar role with a track record of success.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, trouble-shoot, collaborate and manage relationships to drive process and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment; can adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Proficiency in Office365; any experience in Workday, Concur and SAP a plus.
• A good listener with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
• High level of discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness and personal initiative.
• Familiarity with production and creative processes and environments; budget management experience.
• Interest in the field and a willingness to learn and ask questions.
Direct Reports: 0
Takes Direction From:
• Rashna Shetty: Creative Strategy Manager • Juliana Stock: EVP, Corporate Brand Strategy and Chief of Staff, Office of the President and Chairman
• Paul Buccieri, President and Chairman
Primary Groups Supported
• President and Chairman's Office