A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Executive Assistant
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Calendar management - Organize and prepare internal and external meetings, client visits, and events (e.g. invitations, agenda, presentations, etc.)
• Phone coverage – gatekeeper to Patrick to take messages and set up follow ups as needed and update contacts lists
• Heavy international travel management from cars, flights, visas to multi country and multi city travel. Preparation of detailed itineraries.
• Maintain an overview of key global businesses events and conferences
• Global board meetings – coordinate dates and times across countries as well as hosting the event when in NYC (pack prep/food/travel as needed)
• Coordinate Internal town halls and managements meetings
• Facilitate internal communications as needed, and serve as point of contact for both internal and external requests/questions
• Events – holiday parties, client and board dinners
• T+E budget overview
• Departmental overview for international travel (approve cost of travel/cross check against other flights to make sure it's the most cost efficient)
• Help to manage the contract process, and vendor invoices– ensuring signatures are done in a timely manner
• Support office initiatives that may occur weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually (conference room calendars, ordering lunches, etc.)
• Maintain functionality of the office
• Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate filing system
• Keep up to date expense sheets and timesheets
• Work across multiple time zones
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the A+E Networks' International team, you will learn all about what it means to be part of a key growth area for a global media portfolio that operates 80 channels in over 200 territories in 42 languages. Our global brands - among the strongest in the media business - include A&E; HISTORY; Lifetime; H2; FYI; Crime + Investigation; Blaze; Bio among others.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
-College degree required
-Interest in media industry
-5 years of work experience, minimum.
-Prior exec support experience required
-Second language, French or Spanish (or both) desired
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.