Distribution Marketing Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Distribution Marketing Manager. This position will support all partnership marketing efforts to maximize promotional exposure for the A E Networks portfolio of brands on Distributor products and platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The successful candidate will:
• Work across departments within A E Networks and directly with Distribution clients to collect, aggregate and deliver content and assets related to promotions, media campaigns, sales presentations, communication tools and distributor requests.
• Project manage marketing campaigns, timelines and deadlines.
• Support Directors with campaign budget management.
• Initiate and support the development of portfolio projects including video, email newsletters, presentations, programming one-sheets, collateral materials and events.
• Track delivery of all marketing assets to Distributors for various platforms and levels of promotion, along with usage and associated media value of A E Networks assets in Distributor marketing campaigns and collateral, such as email marketing, direct mail, on-air spots, websites, etc.
• Support the Distribution Marketing b2b website: work with Directors and agency in refreshing website content; identify and collect content and assets; support Directors with maintaining and refreshing the Distributor Rewards programs, and support agency with monthly email communications to distributors..
• Serve as key marketing point person for the NCTC, Mediacom and Philo accounts, working with Distribution Sales to build mutually-beneficial marketing plans
• Provide all marketing support for the History en Español network.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the Distribution arm of A E, you'll gain a 360-degree view of how our content gets to the viewer. Through the Sales team, you'll learn about the contractual relationships A E has with our multichannel and digital video programming distributors (M/DMVPDs) – and how to close that deal! In Distribution Marketing, you'll brainstorm new and innovative ways to promote our content across Set-top-box, TV Everywhere and Over-the-top platforms. In the Operations group you'll get the behind-the-scenes look at mission-critical tasks around technical support, contract management and compliance and data integrity and analysis. And finally, through the Product Development team you'll gain a unique understanding of how we optimize content scheduling and delivery across the a rapidly changing media landscape.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS](what you need to have)
• The candidate will have a four-year college degree
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and social media are strongly preferred
• 3 years work experience
• Positive and proactive work ethic
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional project and time management skills
• Instinctual ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to travel
• Flexibility, teamwork and creativity are essential
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
No matter the content, none of our great programming would air without the expertise of the Distribution team. We are the group that meets and negotiates with the companies that broadcast our content. We're also quick on our feet. As technology changes the media landscape, impacting viewer behavior and traditional models, we pivot to deliver new solutions that extend our content, brand and reach. While much of our work takes place in meeting rooms behind the scenes, our results are out there for all to see.
THE ROLE: DISTRIBUTION MARKETING MANAGER