Director, Video Strategy
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Director, Video Strategy
Do you love watching online videos? Are you an entrepreneur at heart? Do you have the chops to run a mini-business within a larger company? The Director of Video Strategy will oversee a team of producers and editors to drive distribution, viewership, and revenue for our digital video content across a bunch of different platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director, Video Strategy Job Description:
• Develop video strategy for multiple distribution platforms with a goal of delivering revenue and driving audience growth
• Partner with editorial and marketing teams to sync up publishing calendar with overarching content output
• Ensure the pipeline of new content is consistent, and that archival content is effectively resurfaced
• Manage, guide and inspire a team of 3 producers
• Identify industry insights and trends to define and refine channel approach
• Establish an on-going dialogue with the assigned brands to provide regular updates, ensure KPIs are being met and confirm and/or modify programming direction
• Manage audience development growth strategy with clear defined plan and ability to effectively measure
• Manage and oversee outside vendor relationships, including assignment timelines and associated budgets
• Commission and pull reporting to help guide our promotional decisions and content development
• Manage the budget documents and relationship with internal finance team
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to act as the GM of our video distribution business. You'll be involved in all aspects of running the team, from finance to agency management to creative development.
• 6 - 8 years working with digital video at the brand/publishing level.
• Strong understanding of analytics with a successful track record of exceeding quantitative and qualitative audience measurement goals
• Excellent understanding of entertainment content consumption on all digital platforms
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Must be able to prioritize, handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines.
• Self-motivated, extremely detail oriented and independent worker with strong track record of cross functional collaboration
• Excellent social media and digital literacy, particularly online video and video production
• Effective and inspiring leader
• Passion for pop culture and television
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.