Director Technical Program Management Media Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 5:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director Technical Program Management Media Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Technical Program Management Media Operations postings
Full Time Job
Director Technical Program Management Media Operations (Remote)
The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Global Content Services & Operations consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
THE ROLE: Director, Technical Program Management – Media Operations
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Content Distribution Services (GCDS), this position is a key leader within the Global Content Distribution Services team based in Stamford, CT. This group is responsible for the processing & distribution of A+E programs globally to our MVPD and global licensing partners in support of FVOD, AVOD, TVOD, SVOD, FAST, Pay-TV, Syndication and Direct-to-Consumer.
The Director, Technical Program Management – Media Operations will assist the Vice President, Global Content Distribution Services with strategic operations support planning and oversee global fulfillment technical project management, including defining requirements, determining level of effort (LOE), developing and executing project plans, determining success criteria, testing and ensuring the successful and timely completion of technical project initiatives. This individual will lead a team of technical managers and will partner directly with our Engineering and Technology teams in order to guide critical technical initiatives in support of the GCDS execution teams; including transformational projects such as our transition to a cloud-based media supply chain and distribution infrastructure, third-party vendor integrations, work order and metadata management solutions, new partner on-boarding, component-based delivery support and product feature enhancements.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Engage directly with senior leader stakeholders to provide analysis of technical specifications and related business requirements to provide strategic recommendations on project strategy and technical approach, including the authoring of RFPs and Statement of Work (SOW) documentation.
• Provide proactive and proficient problem solving to manage risk, remove blockers, and ideate and implement creative, scalable and sustainable technical solutions in support of our business objectives.
• Manage and drive multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
• Effectively manage a team of talented technical professionals, including Manager-level direct reports, to delegate project assignments, manage schedules, ensure continuous improvement of process and workflow disciplines and to disseminate opportunities to empower and promote the professional development of their team.
• Responsible for managing the operational budget for the Technical Program Management – Media Operations team, including submission of monthly accruals.
• Translate business requirements to functional specifications and collaborate with our Engineering & Technology teams on architecture designs and development schedules from design to delivery.
• Responsible for the operational management of relevant third-party platform project initiatives as required to execute catalog clean-up and transition to a single global asset delivery workflow, based upon a component-based delivery model (i.e., Amazon Video Central, Discovery+, Roku, etc.).
• Build positive, trusting relationships through consistent, on-time delivery of commitments and effective communication.
• Foster an inclusive working environment that is consistent with the A+E cultural values.
• Provide leadership with a focus on collaboration, transparent communication, innovative problem solving, proactive ownership, and maintaining an industry leading standard of excellence.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our programming content on digital platforms. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Distribution, Programming, Scheduling, Content Operations, and Ad Ops to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management and agile development methodologies with a proven track record of delivering results.
• 5+ years of experience managing/coordinating cross-functional teams to develop, deliver, operationalize, document, and support solutions.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization.
• Ability to distill key points out of complex technical descriptions to share with non-technical stakeholders, adapting your language and style of communication depending on the audience.
• Experience in managing people, growing teams, and developing a team culture.
• You must have experience with JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, AirTable and Google or Microsoft Suite of products.