Director, Solutions Architecture
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/20/2021 9:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Director, Solutions Architecture jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Solutions Architecture postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Solutions Architecture? THE ROLE: Director, Solutions Architecture
The Director of Solutions Architecture will be a new role within the Strategic Media Solutions engineering team responsible for managing implementation and delivery of software tools to support media supply chain systems for all A+E Networks (A&E, Lifetime, History, etc.).
This position will manage the implementation and delivery of various tools developed and managed by an agile engineering team, including custom-built and off-the-shelf software that operational teams will use at A+E to move television programs and movies across the organization and to third party distribution partners. The role will also stand in as a product owner / product manager for some of these tools, helping set the direction and roadmap to best meet business needs.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Serve as the team's primary solution architect and product designer, helping analyze complex business needs, document requirements, and design targeted workflows and tools.
• Act as project manager for various media supply chain projects, setting and managing delivery timelines and resources.
• Manage a mixture of internal software developers and third-party resources to ensure supply chain tools get built effectively.
• Meet regularly with operational teams processing media to ensure implementation details are vetted and implementation progress is communicated.
• Work with technical members of the team to build and implement a roll-out timeline for product installation.
• Coordinate with operational teams for testing and use of the new tool.
• Complete documentation as required to support the project and ensure smooth handoff to ongoing operational use.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to support all aspects of the Media Supply chain, from acquisition through transformation to distribution. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. You will collaborate with all technical and operations teams throughout our technical facilities as you contribute to fulfilling the wide-ranging responsibilities of the Engineering Department. We will provide challenges for your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, technology, or physical sciences, or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum three to five years of experience working with software and software development teams to deliver products.
• Minimum three to five years of experience managing complex projects.
• Minimum of one to three years working with media of some kind, including video, audio, photo, or other file types.
• Experience working with users in the media space to identify and design file-based workflows.
• Experience working with users to gather and create project requirements.
• PMP Certification or equivalent project management experience and training.
• Lean and/or Six Sigma process improvement methodology experience.
• Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
• Familiarity with cloud-computing and the tools available from modern infrastructure providers, with a strong preference for knowledge of AWS.
• Experience with enterprise-level Media Asset Management or Digital Asset Management systems, including IPV Curator.
• Experience with digital content distribution tools, including the Platform MPX.
• Experience with media-related WAN acceleration and file transfer orchestration tools, including Aspera and Signiant.
• Experience creating and documenting test cases.
• Some experience with video production and post-production technologies.
• Knowledge of business process modeling conventions and tools.
• Self-organized with significant attention to detail and procedures.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to work independently and with other members of a team.
• Proven leadership qualities.
• Demonstrated significant and strong interpersonal and written communications skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.