Director, Social Media
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a key member of the A&E communications team, the Director of Social Media will lead the Social Media Strategy team to develop and manage strategic campaigns and robust out-of-the-box creative plans for all projects. This position is responsible for developing, refining and measuring the effectiveness of the social media strategy for the network as well as overseeing its execution. The key objective of this role is to ensure that all social media efforts align with overall communication and marketing strategies for the brand to drive broader awareness and engagement. This individual should understand social metrics plus be current on changes to the social media landscape, industry platform updates and new techniques in consumer-facing social media. It is imperative that the Director of Social Media has a knowledge of the A&E show lineup and a passion for pop-culture and television. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable working directly with external partners including talent, producers and agencies.
This position reports to the Vice President of Public Relations.
Your role includes:
• Experience leading a multi-person team of strategists and creatives to execute and maintain effective and impactful social media launch plans.
• Ensure creativity across all A&E Network social pages while being responsible for approving content rollout strategy, scheduling and reporting.
• Management of social budget and planning across key initiatives.
• Oversee daily content calendars across all social media platforms ensuring brand consistency and accuracy as well as data analysis of content to track engagement performance growth ensuring institutional priorities are being met.
• Hone in the A&E brand voice and creative look to ensure brand consistency.
• Ideate & pitch innovative creative strategies for all projects, manage all creative requests and approvals. Oversee all social video shoots and live events for brand.
• Determine live tweeting strategy across key series, including nightly and/or weekend coverage of A&E's Live Programming, including live clipping, drafting and approval of copy, and quick development of creative assets.
• In tandem with the PR team, work directly with talent and/or talent reps to provide promotional materials and social media requests and to assure meaningful social support.
• Stay current on changes to the social media landscape, industry platform updates and new techniques in consumer-facing social media opportunities.
• Support all internal priorities and initiatives including acting as a paid social liaison in tandem with marketing team, amplifying Ad sales partnerships, expanding YouTube launch efforts, promoting internal Podcast and consumer products initiatives while cultivating relationships with teams to ensure amplification for non-programming company priorities across social media.
• Analyze competitive landscape to create informed social strategy plans and content roll-out strategies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field. Prior television experience leading series a must.
• 8-10 years of Social Media experience with five to seven years of experience managing a team.
• Familiarity with social media scheduling and analytics platforms.
• Stellar copy writing and editing abilities, outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, create and execute organizational/enterprise social media strategy and social media campaigns while overseeing the daily responsibilities of a robust social media presence.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment and takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
• Exceptional judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues and topics.
• Proficiency in using web/social monitoring and analytic tools, Microsoft Outlook and Office. Video and Photo editing knowledge a must.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.