Director, Post Production Operations
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/12/2020 6:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Post Production Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Post Production Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Post Production Operations? THE ROLE: Director, Post Production Operations
The Director, Post Production Operations is responsible for technical and operational oversight of various A+E Post Production facilities and environments across multiple locations. This position manages a team of technical operators and supervisors with specific oversight of various media production functions including ingest, capture, management, storage, editing, transcoding, distribution, and archiving. This position also has oversight of the Production Operations MAM / PAM system and all associated workflows and policies. This Director is responsible for developing and maintaining cohesive specs, workflows, and system integration within the Post Production environments and is the operational point-person and consultant for Engineering and other partners.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Strategize and lead the A+E Post and Technical Operations dept on all aspects of Post Production processes and workflows to develop operational efficiencies and streamlined solutions
• Ideate, research, recommend, test, new operational solutions necessary for streamlining, enhancing, and establishing more efficient workflows for content creation and distribution
• Oversee entire Post Production media supply chain from ingest through distribution to ensure efficiencies, availability, and centralization throughout the enterprise
• Develop, maintain, and communicate a unified and cohesive technical front across all Post Production environments and facilities to achieve consistent creation and delivery of various media assets
• Author, architect, refine and maintain workflows and specs for entire media supply chain
• Manage various media servers and storage (ISIS, NEXIS, FTP, BlackPearl, Shift, PAM/ MAM) and establish retention policies for all
• Manage large staff consisting of a Tech Manager, Technicians, Media Managers, Archivists; build, train, motivate, and performance manage accordingly.
• Key contact person for Engineering, Post APs, Production Management, regarding technical capabilities, workflows, troubleshooting and enhancements
• Partner with Executive Producer, Production Operations on all client engagements and workflow / resource refinements and solutions
• Liaise with clients using Post facility to provide technical solutions and establish trust (Programming, 6 West, Social Media, SF Originals, Marketing, etc)
• Liaison to external vendors and facilities to ensure spec adherence and quality of deliverables
• Oversee Production Media Asset Management system and all associated workflows and functions
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of great content creation. You will have exposure to all stages of the Production process; from inception to distribution. You will collaborate with various stakeholders including Programming, Marketing, Social Media, Engineering, IT, etc. Your creative and operational spirit will be challenged as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA or BS on Communications or equivalent vocational education
• Knowledge of various Post Production tools and solutions including Avid, Adobe, Aspera, Signiant, Telestream, etc
• Leader with proven understanding of all Post Production processes, equipment, and scenarios
• Strong leadership capabilities: build, motive, and rally a highly technical team of various disciplines across multiple locations
• 5-7 years supervisory leadership in a post house or network environment
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly and manage crisis situations
• Ability to partner, influence, and manage relationships across organization
• Ability to strategize solutions with multiple stakeholders
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA: (do not edit this section)
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.