Director, People Partner
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Role: Director, People Partner (Human Resources)
The Director, People Partner will be responsible for leading the People Agenda (strategic direction) and provide counsel for the Finance and Office Services Organizations at A+E Networks.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, People Partners, s/he/they will be responsible to drive the day-to-day delivery of People (Human Resources) projects, programs and strategies for the assigned client group. Push people strategies and talent management efforts including, workforce planning, performance management, talent reviews, employee relations, organizational design, and the development of key talent.
S/he/they will partner closely with the People Centers of Expertise (COE) to deliver in the areas of compensation, recruitment, training and organizational effectiveness.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving talent challenges with creative solutions, and can pivot quickly.
More about what they will do:
• Understand the business and their talent priorities. Serve as a key member of their leadership team(s) by driving business results through systemic organizational and talent strategies that are aligned to the business strategy.
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
• Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee relations issues
• Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling
• Implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change and provides group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
• Assist with employee communication initiatives within customer groups and provides advice on performance and related issues.
• Play key leadership role in implementing workforce planning, succession planning, career management, and performance management to support the division's growth plans.
• Build management capability to facilitate an open and inclusive environment that fosters diversity and increases team member engagement.
• Provide oversight and direction in the handling of complex employee relations matters, ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
• Champion HR initiatives that support the success of the organization's growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture.
Your Career Journey (Qualifications):
• 7+ years of directly applicable HR experience in a progressive, forward-thinking environment
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and relevant direct work experience required, preferably within a media, production company and/or agency
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of Human Resources areas including, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Organizational Development and Design, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Change Management.
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and communication (verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) skills, including strong problem-solving skills are required.
• Ability to bring new ideas and leverage HR expertise and operations knowledge
• Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, complex, fast paced environment across all levels
• It is our expectation that you be customer-centric, inclusive in philosophy, have a desire to continuously improve and be emotionally intelligent.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!