Director, Legal & Business Affairs -Technology / Vendor Management
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit – supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other – we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
THE ROLE: Director, Legal & Business Affairs - Technology/Vendor Management
A+E Networks has an open position for a transactional attorney supporting vendor management on behalf of various A+E business divisions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Draft and negotiate both legal and business terms in vendor transactions across a wide range of inbound products and services, for a diverse group of A+E business units, including: Technology, Engineering, Global Media Operations, Digital, Research, Ad Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, and Office Services & Facilities
• Assigned projects will include a healthy emphasis on technology transactions, such as: SaaS and other cloud subscriptions; MSAs and SOWs for all manner of managed services, staff augmentation, and other project-based or time-and-materials-based outsourcing; and on-premise software licenses, equipment purchases, and related maintenance and support.
• Assigned projects will also require the ability to issue spot for data privacy and security, and to address with assistance from company templates/model provisions, in-house privacy counsel, and in-house cyber security personnel.
• JD from an accredited law school, and New York State Bar admission (or in-house eligible).
• 5 to 7+ years of relevant legal experience, with preference given to prior experience in vendor management, technology, and/or entertainment/media.
• Proven track record negotiating customer-side interests against large vendors with greater leverage.
• Exceptional ability to draft clear, precise agreement language, without over-relying on pre-existing templates.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated team player, able to prioritize and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment, to take initiative and make decisions, and to be strategic and offer creative solutions.