Director, Insurance and Production Risk
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Director, Insurance and Production Risk
A+E Networks has an amazing Director opportunity in New York providing support to the Legal and Finance departments.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director, Insurance and Production Risk:
• Provide support and advice to legal risk team, treasury team, programming teams, internal producers, and third-party production partners in all matters relating to insurance, background checks, psych evaluations, location and production risk considerations, and other matters involving production risk.
• Supervise the established insurance program that provides coverage for majority of productions for all AETN networks and insures against losses and legal claims arising from production and/or program content.
• In conjunction with SVP, Content, Production & Risk, and SVP, Controller & Treasurer manage the corporate insurance program, and relationships with brokers and insurers for all lines of coverage across the enterprise (including General Liability, Property, Directors & Officers, Media Liability/E&O, Crime, and others).
• Work closely with programming partners and production teams to assess whether background checks and/or psych evaluations are required for participation in programs, and the scope of each evaluation depending on the program concept.
• Coordinate review of background checks and psych evaluations with the production team or external production company and make determinations as to whether each candidate is fit to participate in the proposed program.
• Coordinate and approve security plans for high-risk production shoots and programming-related events in conjunction with third-party risk assessment vendors and/or the internal security team.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put your insurance expertise and love of television to work in a supportive environment with creative people.
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 5 years' experience in insurance and/or production with emphasis on risk management.
• Expertise in insurance matters relating to television production and distribution, and in risk management generally.
• Comprehensive knowledge of business operation and interrelationships among departments and between company and producers;
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Highest quality oral and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with highest level management and staff at any level;
• Must be able to handle confidential information
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Much like medieval knights, our Legal and Business Affairs team protects the livelihood of the kingdom. We're the forgers of iron-clad contracts, overseers of content production and defenders of intellectual property rights. Given the competitive nature of our industry, collaboration and attention to detail are traits we highly prize, and you should value and match those attributes. Also, you should have a POV and enjoy staying tuned in to new commercial developments.