Director, Digital Advertising Partnerships
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Director, Digital Advertising Partnerships
The Director, Digital Advertising Partnerships at A+E Networks will be an escalation resource for the day-to-day management and partnership with our core SSP/DSP/network partners helping A+E monetize their entire portfolio of video impressions and audience-based selling. The Director, Digital Advertising Partnerships will lead efforts to identify potential brands distributing video content with limited advertising capabilities, develop publisher relationships, and grow an extended network of digital video inventory sources that will work with A+E as their monetization partner. This role will rely on subject matter expertise monetizing digital ad inventory through programmatic, technology, and partnerships to secure new business partners and sourcing corresponding advertising demand.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Identify, pitch and secure new business relationships securing video advertising inventory for the purposes of A+E's managed service to generate ad revenue on behalf of their collective group of partners.
• Oversee the partner integration aligning tech stacks for streamlined monetization collaborating with A+E and partner teams including operations, product, and technology.
• Source advertising demand aligned with A+E managed service network independent of A+E owned and operated digital inventory.
• Be an industry leader participating on panels, interviews and conferences further promoting A+E's managed service solution for digital monetization. Showcase the value to advertisers and agencies that working with A+E managed services can create for advertisers and agencies. Effectively communicate to inventory partners and potential partners the impact of a well-executed yield management solution leveraging multiple sources of demand generation and technology.
• Be a point-of-escalation for programmatic monetization partners, ad sales solutions, and overall yield management strategy inclusive of A+E's managed service solution and owned and operated monetization efforts.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
First and foremost as a member of A+E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 3-5 years in digital ad sales and/or operations
• 2+ years in programmatic experience (Publisher and/or DSP/SSP)
• Working knowledge of Freewheel and/or SSP & DSP systems Familiar with order management solutions (Operative.One a plus)
• Data and yield analysis skills experience
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
• Fluency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external partners
• Must be able to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic, ever evolving space where technologies and methodologies of measurement change often and rapidly
• Capability to work proactively under pressure, understand customer needs and build relationships
• self-starter, that is motivated and thinks proactively.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
More than a century after P.T. Barnum, Ad Sales has proven that the entertainment business has changed and money is made when honesty, business acumen and industry knowledge come together to solve clients' problems. As the biggest breadwinner for the company, we are continually searching for way to bring new dollars into the fold. Driven by strong creative and rooted in data and strategy, we provide advertisers with the valuable exposure they need in the specific markets they want to reach. So if you've got an aptitude for data and planning as well as a salesperson's drive, we'd like you under our big top. Extra points if you can juggle.