Director, Corporate Communications
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Director, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications is a highly visible position that will work with key stakeholders to develop and implement a consistent and evolving set of messages and objectives on a global scale. Reporting directly to the SVP, Corporate and International Communications, he/she will work closely with senior management serving as communications lead on high-profile internal and external projects, including but not limited to: programming announcements, client and partnership communications, content distribution announcements, product launches, personnel announcements, product development and innovations, and overall brand positioning.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director, Corporate Communications:
• Serve as communications liaison across A E corporate divisions including Ad Sales, Distribution, Consumer Enterprises, Research, Digital and Corporate Social Responsibility, and work collaboratively to ensure consistency of message and ability to leverage mutually beneficial opportunities.
• Direct and develop global communications strategies and execute initiatives to promote A E Networks, A E Networks Executives, collateral, tradeshows, campaigns, social site presence, company website, public relations, internal communication, monthly newsletters, speeches/presentations and corporate events.
• Work with trade reporters and develop & maintain relationships with the media; pitch stories and keep on top of media trends across respective departments
• Prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
• Develop internal communications to ensure relevant business information and updates cascades throughout A E Networks' global employee population
• Oversee corporate executive speaking/panel opportunities and assist in award campaigns for A E Networks' senior management
• Work with in-house team members and outside partners to develop, implement and manage external communications to broaden exposure of A E Networks corporate brand.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and actively seek out opportunities to develop new visibility opportunities for A E Networks
• Partner with the A E leadership team and talent function to communicate A E's strategic vision to employees, in order to foster relationships and align messages across the organization.
• Organize and manage national and local level press events and public appearances.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with key print and online reporters/editors.
• Oversee content development and publishing for A E Intranet (The Hive) and A E Corporate Social Media platforms, and additional emerging platforms and technologies working with partners in IT, Digital Media, HR and the A E Brand Teams to identify new ways to engage people
• Regarding The Hive, collaborate with and lead a team of writers and content creators encompassing personnel from across different A E Networks divisions.
• Synchronize corporate social media strategy with ongoing Corporate Communications strategies
• College degree
• Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills; An analytic and strategic approach with a track record of turning ideas into successful action
• At least 8 years of experience preferably working at a cable; broadcast or SVOD media company
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with executive leadership, internal stakeholders and employees across all levels. Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely; must be an excellent multi-tasker
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.