Director, Audio Programming & Podcasting
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2019 3:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Audio Programming & Podcasting jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Audio Programming & Podcasting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Audio Programming & Podcasting?
Full Time Job
DIRECTOR, AUDIO PROGRAMMING & PODCASTING (DAPP) - New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
The [DAPP] will be responsible for developing and executing a versatile programming strategy to grow A E Networks's nascent podcasting business aimed at broadening the company's digital offerings, extending its brands to new audiences, and meaningfully competing in the exciting audio community. The [DAPP] will guide the creative and editorial direction for the business unit and oversee all adapted, original, and acquired audio programming.
The [DAPP] will also be responsible for managing relationships and collaborating closely with various internal stakeholders and external partners to generate strategies and reach ambitious creative and business goals. Specifically, this person will work with the various programming teams at A&E, History and Lifetime, central divisions inclusive of social media, marketing, communications, legal, distribution, research, finance and operations, and any external production, distribution or marketing partners.
A E Networks will rely on the [DAPP] to shepherd its treasured brands and IP into this dynamic storytelling medium while honoring the exceptional, audacious and diverse storytelling voices inherent in its culture.
• Develop and produce high quality, immersive and captivating non-fiction audio programming along core brand verticals in original and TV-adapted formats
• Incubate new talent and extend existing relationships through collaborative concept development
• Research content library, identify brands, IP and stories for audio adaptation
• Develop concepts, formats, and strategies to align with and support key programming and business initiatives
• Cultivate relationships with channel teams at A&E, History and Lifetime to align creative and production efforts
• Manage the development slate and internal/external pitch process with content partners
• Cultivate relationships with major technology, distribution, agency and production partners
• Generate pitches and materials for sales and distribution efforts
• Track industry trends and circulate regular creative briefings for company distribution
• Oversee all aspects of production, including script development, casting, recording, sound design, post-production and delivery
• Manage rights for all audio assets including narration, interviews, music, and sound effects
• Oversee the hiring of excellent freelance producers, writers, editors and engineers
• Manage development and production costs against yearly content budgets
• Coordinate podcast launches with internal and external partners
• Identify strategic programming partnerships with third party companies and individuals
• 10 years of experience in media creation/production and proven success in audio content
• Fluent across media languages, including radio, podcasting, television, and digital video
• Deep relationships with the creative podcasting community (writers, producers, talent).
• Skilled relationship manager and collaborator with internal and external stakeholders
• A sophisticated understanding of digital audiences and platforms
• Strong creative writing skills with history of narrative storytelling structures
• Proficiency with digital audio workstation (DAW) software such as Adobe Audition
• Proven track record of sold/produced content (podcasts, TV or digital series, radio or film).
• Excellent communicator with the ability to manage high volume of priorities and execute in a goals-driven environment.
About A E Networks
A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.