Digital Research Analyst / Sr. Analyst
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/25/2021 3:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Research Analyst / Sr. Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Digital Research Analyst / Sr. Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Research Analyst / Sr. Analyst?
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Digital Research Analyst/Sr. Analyst
The ideal candidate is curious, creative and has a keen interest in digital media and data analytics. The role requires a critical approach to analyzing and reporting data for A+E Networks' portfolio of Digital products, including websites, mobile apps and connected device apps. This individual will be reporting on A+E's Digital business, providing performance updates, user profiling and competitive marketplace insights that will influence digital content deployment and ad sales strategy.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Leverage syndicated and proprietary tools such as Adobe Analytics, comScore, Resonate, and Nielsen to create and maintain reoccurring reports and dashboards.
• Work closely with research managers to support sales efforts to capture new business by providing insights on consumer behavior, industry trends and the competitive intelligence
• Establish relationships with external data providers and QA data sources
• Work independently on ad-hoc requests and RFPs to align A+E audiences with potential and existing advertising partners, positioning the strengths of the A+E Digital audience.
• Support Social Partnerships team via post sales wrap ups; for both online and on-air.
• Create digital audience segments via our DMP (Salesforce/Krux) to support our advanced digital targeting initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 2+ years of digital media experience; preferably with a digital analytics vendor or publisher
• BA or BS (4-year degree) in Business, Economics, or Statistics preferred
• Experience with Adobe Analytics, comScore, Resonate, Nielsen preferred
• General knowledge of the digital media landscape (vMVPDs, AVOD, SVOD etc.)
• Understanding of how analytics tracking works on web sites and apps across all platforms
• Proficient in PowerPoint (building presentations) and Excel (data manipulation and analysis)
• Passion for both digital media, digital technology, and storytelling
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information into impactful insights to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research & Insights TEAM is compromised of wizards who practice the craft of \''art and science.\'' We spend some of our time looking back at performance-but even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and consumers insights.