Digital Marketing Designer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Digital Marketing Designer
A+E Networks is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and multi-disciplinary team player with a passion for all things digital to join our Digital Media team in New York.
The Digital Designer will play a key role in the production, maintenance, and promotion of all properties within the digital media landscape, including A+E's portfolio of websites and digital media products that are shaping the television/video industry.
This position will work with members of the design team (on brands such as A&E, History, Lifetime, and FYI) to produce the assets required for our products, and digital marketing and acquisition campaigns, as well as CRM initiatives that span across digital platforms and include executions on desktop, tablet, smartphone and emerging platforms (such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku).
The Digital Designer will work with cross-functional team members (such as producers, marketing team members, and editorial team members)) to fully understand a project's creative concept, scope, and requirements in order to deliver visual assets using applications within Adobe Creative Cloud (such as Photoshop). They will use assets such as key art, photography, show logos, network logos, and typography as design elements in order to create images/promos that clearly communicate brand messages.
The ideal candidate must have a portfolio presenting strong digital design skills. Experience designing for web and mobile platforms is a very strong plus.
Reports to and supports Digital Design Manager.
• Work closely with Digital Design Manager to understand product priorities, design direction, business goals, marketing objectives, requirements, and metrics to align marketing design accordingly.
• Design, manipulate, and optimize high quality visual assets to support products across all platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile, OTT). Images must work within responsive designs and across varying browsers. Examples include:
• Responsive website images for network shows, movies, and photo galleries.
• Images for apps (mobile and OTT).
• Images for third-party content distributers.
• Promotional images for upcoming shows, movies, and specials that live within our websites and apps.
• An occasional info-graphic or other exclusive content/imagery may need to be created from time to time.
• This role will also work closely with our Digital Marketing team to provide design solutions for A/B testing of our SVOD products.
• Create marketing assets and banner ads for digital promotions in order to leverage owned, earned, and paid outlets. Examples include media buys on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
• This role will support the design of CRM and Ad Sales projects such as sweepstakes and sponsored/co-branded campaigns.
• Edit and maintain campaign landing pages for SVOD products using Unbounce.
• Design assets to support desktop and mobile emails/newsletters for all brands and products.
• Contribute to the creation of digital product style guides.
• Maintain server organization of all digital marketing design projects and assets.
• Design consistently within current brand standards.
• Remain current with the latest technology, design trends, usability, and developments in mobile and emerging platforms in order to explore and experiment with the future of A+E's product interfaces.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
The ideal Candidate:
• is smart, inquisitive, optimistic, humble, and hungry - with a great attitude and work ethic.
• is creative, empathetic, dependable, and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• is passionate about being part of the next generation of television distribution.
• is ultra-curious about the digital world.
• can consistently work within our defined design process and use it to contextualize their work and the type of feedback they need in a given moment.
• can communicate clearly via email and face-to-face with stakeholders and the internal team.
• can multi-task and manage more than one project at a time.
• will share work early and often and can take feedback from cross-functional team members to enhance the overall experience.
• has the ability to take creative direction and will collaborate with team members to push their work to be the best it can be.
• has excellent problem-solving skills.
• understands constraints quickly.
• can work independently.
• is self-motivated with enthusiasm to constantly learn and grow.
• is an excellent team player with a positive attitude and strong relationship building skills.
• contributes to the culture of the design team by participating in other design-led projects, events and discussions, in order to spread design thinking and enthusiasm throughout the organization.
• BA in Graphic design, fine arts or design related field.
• 0-3 years' experience in digital design, marketing design, or related fields.
• Portfolio that demonstrates solid foundation of graphic design skills.
• Have a strong design point of view and understanding of fundamental marketing design principles, typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, and composition.
• Understand principles of website, mobile, and digital design in general.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop skills are a must), Sketch app is a plus.
• Skills in masking and image manipulations a very strong plus.
• Solid presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS with strong desire to learn is a plus.
• General knowledge of file formats and optimizing graphics for the Web.
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.