Designer / Animator
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Designer/Animator (Temp)- LA Office
THE ROLE: Designer/Animator (Temp)- LA Office
A+E Production Operations is looking for a 2d/3d Motion Designer/Animator to join our growing team.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• The ideal person will be creative, conceptual and innovative and have a versatile, collaborative approach to the design process.
• Create compelling, fresh design ideas and typography solutions that will help brand our Networks.
• You will need to be a self-starter, able to problem solve both technical and creative challenges, with the ability to find and explore solutions as the project progresses.
• Demonstrate a variety of creative styles and methodologies with proven credentials in developing bold and original design.
• Looking for a creative who will take ownership for the projects they work on and have a productive and positive attitude with clients and fellow design team members.
• You are comfortable working under tight deadlines, and are extremely organized with project files, and adept in sharing projects/toolkits with fellow designers.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
Must have minimum of 5 years' experience in Broadcast Design with a refined eye for design, and demonstrated command of the following skill set:
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D.
• Advanced creative and technical capabilities in compositing and visual effects using both AE & C4D solutions.
• Must be able to take design project from concept to completion.
• Adept at broadcast design, branding, on-air and off-air design conventions and post-production process.
• Must organize personal workflow so projects are easily passed between colleagues
• Technically knowledgeable and savvy in a broadcast and digital environment.
• Constant development of skills and exploration of new creative techniques.
• Able to communicate creative ideas within a collaborative environment
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!