Design Director, Print Creative International
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Design Director is a creative lead in print, promotion and marketing from concept to completion across A E Networks global brands.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO: (Specific responsibilities)
• Direct, motivate and inspire the print creative team consisting of a Senior Designer, Associate Art Director and Freelancers.
• Conceive, design and direct the production of key art for global program initiatives and channel re-brands.
• Conceive and direct the execution of designs for corporate logos and program title designs.
• Conceive, design and direct the production of sales tools and collateral to position and sell our brands and content globally - the A E Catalogue, Digital marketing and communications, client and business presentations and pitches.
• Design and direct the execution of the A E stands at global trade events. Includes interiors, theming, graphics, signage and premiums.
• Design and direct the production of advertising deliverables including print ads, billboards, digital banners and gifts for priority marketing programs.
• Conceive, design and direct the execution of theming, artwork, graphics, invitations, menus and all print and digital collateral for launches and screenings.
• Direct the research, selection and creative execution of photos for digital tools – the sales site and channel site for use by partners and clients in program promotion and PR.
• Manage ongoing channel design and brand guidelines support to ensure brand
consistency and quality control.
• Partner with International Production to manage quality control
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN: (What will the incumbent get from the role?)
The marketing and positioning of content and brands globally
Expertise in international market nuances – Latam, Asia, EMEA, Pacific
The creation and implementation of premium experiential events
YOUR STORY: (Position requirements and successful candidate attributes)
• Must have at least 8 years experience in a similar job and working for entertainment
companies or other entertainment outlets in this capacity.
• Understand how to translate business objectives into impactful campaigns that increase
awareness and viewership.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to identify simple and complex design and
production problems and offer solutions based on project resources.
• Hands-on ability to create key art and design projects from conception to completion.
• Exceptional typography skills.
• Must LOVE television (Reality, Scripted & Non-Fiction.)
• Leadership abilities that foster learning and excellence among team members.
• Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
• Set clear team goals, delegate tasks and deadlines, and motivate team members.
• Work quickly and effectively to meet fast and fluid deadlines.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite software. Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Also proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint.
• A deep knowledge, awareness and interest in of pop culture and design trends.
• A knowledge of trade television marketing and advertising processes.
• Be highly creative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• The ability to execute and plan photo shoots a plus.
• Some experience developing electronic marketing and online ad materials.
• An understanding of industry standard file formats and deliverables for both print and
• A working knowledge of in pre-press, 4/color process and color theory.
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a high volume of design
requests requiring quick turnaround.
• A compelling portfolio of original work that's both conceptual and results-driven.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
THE ROLE: Design Director, Print. Creative International