Creative Director, History Brand
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/29/2023 9:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Creative Director, History Brand jobs in New York-NY
Search all Creative Director, History Brand postings
Full Time Job
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Division StoryThe Marketing division is an in-house, full-service B2C/B2B brand and marketing team of talented, curious and purpose-driven members with diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We work on interesting and varied projects across multiple disciplines. As an employee of A E Networks, you'll be part of a global media and entertainment company that values diversity, representation, flexibility and kindness. In fact, Forbes named us one of America's Best Midsize Employers, and Newsweek included us in their list of America's Most Loved Workplaces for 2021 and 2022, as well as one of America's Greatest Workplaces for Diversity in 2023. If this sounds interesting, read on for more details!
Lead the creative vision and direction for campaigns within the brand and uphold creative voice for all video–based comms – including brand campaigns, show launch campaigns, paid social campaigns, and digital campaigns. Maintain the look, feel, and voice internally and externally for the brand across all platforms.
ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee creative concepting, writing, developing, directing, and editorial execution of all creative comms, ensuring all goals are met and creative quality meets a best-in-class standard.
• Translate insightful strategies into evocative creative, working autonomously and leading teams.
• Develop and execute ideas based on feedback and multitask in a fast-paced creative environment.
• Function effectively with a high volume of projects at various stages of development.
• Be a leading voice creatively with brand team, must be confident and have strong presentation skills in articulation of creative vision.
• Identify gaps in diversity and skill at a campaign level, and work to voice and address those gaps.
• Proficiency in performing a rough edit with industry standard editing software
• Inspire the campaign team daily by pushing for out of the box thinking.
• Lead and manage teams of both internal and external creatives including writers, directors, producers, designers, and motion designers.
• Accountable for a high level of organization, detail, and time management
• Lead conceptualizes and directs projects exclusively their own reporting directly to their manager.
• Demonstrate accountability and communicate effectively, especially with key stakeholders
• Accountable as project/campaign creative lead responsible for communication with other internal teams (consumer marketing, programming, production, social, etc.).
• Accountable for all projects, with the goal of creating groundbreaking creative concepts and pitching brand-specific ideas that will launch new show campaigns, generate tune-in and engagement.
• Foster and contribute to an environment of clear communication and collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Bring originality, diverse, and open-minded thinking to every project.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
• Proficient in brand architecture and brand building, and ability to implement and manage brand in a changing marketplace.
• Proficient in understanding of building franchises, and scaling creative
• Proficient in communicating effectively to peers and senior brand management
• Highly Proficient in effectively solving problems
• Proficient in ability to build consensus and alignment without diluting vision
• Highly Proficient in ideation and creative process.
• Highly Proficient in writing, conceptualizing, and ideating in different styles for different audiences
• Proficient at guiding copy writers, designers, editors and bringing ideas to life.
• Highly Proficient in giving productive and effective feedback
• Proficient in pitch-building and pitching, as well as in presentation-building and presenting
• Highly capable at articulating ideas effectively, especially to outside vendors
• Highly Proficient in on-set experience – including creatively running sets, interviewing, and directing talent, and working with creative agencies
• Highly Proficient in collaboration and deep experience working cross functionally – especially with production team
• Experience with all creative environments related to the ideation, development, and execution of brands and creative – including:
• Highly Proficient at effective brainstorming and ideation (Divergent/Convergent thinking)
• Highly Proficient writer and copy editor
• Highly Proficient in on-set production
• Highly Proficient in post-production process
• Fluent in editing process and techniques and relevant editing software (Premiere Pro, AVID, etc.) and proficient in editing
• Fluent in motion graphics process and techniques and all relevant software (Adobe Creative Cloud, AE, etc.) and proficient in designing/building motion graphics
• Highly proficient in vfx process and techniques and all relevant software (Flame, C4D, Blackmagic, DaVinci)
• Background Understanding in design process and techniques and all relevant software (Photoshop, AI, INDD, etc.) and proficient in designing
• Background understanding of photography / cinematography
• Background understanding of music composition / arrangement (Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton)
• Proficient at pitching and presentation-building / pitching (PPT, Keynote, etc.)
• Proficient in production and production management systems (AirTable)
• Proficient in understanding and interpreting research data, strategy and media plans and effectively translating to creative teams
• Understanding of industry standard file formats and deliverables for Online advertising
• Knowledge in programming languages (E.G. CSS and HTML)
• Knowledge in content management systems (E.G. WordPress)
• Proficient in Email Marketing & relevant systems
• Proficient in communication on all social media platforms (i.e., TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
• Resume must include a link to your portfolio/sample work in order to be considered
• 5-7 years relevant work experience
• A proven leader and self-starter
• Innovative and creative thinker
• ''Can do ''attitude and a flexible approach to solving complex problems
• Team player
• Strong knowledge and interest in entertainment and cable streaming services
• Detailed and deadline oriented
• Extremely organized
Proactive, positive, reliable, and carries the trust of the team
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Act