A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Programing Coordinator, History
The Programming Coordinator, History will be a versatile, multi-talented, entry level role that supports the Senior Executive and SVP Development and Programming
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Support the Senior Executive and SVP Development and Programming on scheduling, calls and expenses.
• Correspond with production companies regarding development and production projects as assigned.
• Participate in creative calls, monitoring editorial and production progress as assigned.
• Aid Executive Producers on series and development project notes as required.
• Serve as active member of the development team, by reviewing pitches to the network and assesing their viability as a series.
• Take notes and participate in weekly development meeting.
• Prepare new series order programming documents (PACs).
• Field miscellaneous requests from production companies and internal departments.
• Primary contact between programming and all other AETN departments for various requests.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to be immersed in programming and production.
• 1-2 years' post college experience, in the TV business preferred
• Entertainment and/or agency experience
• B.A./B.S. degree
• Ability to multitask
• Good communication skills
• Technical Skills: avid, media pro, Excel
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Original Programming (Network and Studio)
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.