Coordinator, Metadata Operations
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Metadata Operations (Temporary)
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Content Distribution Services is a powerhouse of talented individuals who specialize in the delivery of world class content. There is no mountain we can't climb, and obstacles actually get out of our way. We analyze business needs, transform media, and deliver content to a wide variety of digital platforms. We work as a well-oiled machine. Together we are strong and our individual team members are just as strong when flying solo. We are self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and can pivot when necessary. And at our core, we are passionate about what we do.
THE ROLE: Coordinator, Metadata Operations (Temporary)
The Metadata Operations Coordinator would join a team of a team of highly motivated business professionals to perform the metadata fulfillment needs in support of digital fulfillment of A+E Networks' programming across global platforms and high profile digital partners, including Video-On-Demand, TV Everywhere, OTT, SVOD, Brand Sites and cross-platforms apps and devices both domestically and internationally. This position often requires the ability to prioritize complex tasks and work through a large volume of content at a steady pace. It may also require working during off hours and during the weekend.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Ensure the timely and accurate provisioning and quality of metadata content in accordance with our contractual obligations and goals set forth by the management team.
• Monitor linear air dates as well as coordinating with the AETN Programming Department in order to secure the appropriate information required for the successful preparation of metadata in adherence to distribution deadlines.
• Perform quality control and proofing of metadata fields for XML distribution and content distribution for our various distribution partners, as well as our owned and operated products.
• Assist in managing projects, keeping track of detailed tasks, and identifying resource requirements.
• Provide daily status updates and reporting as required by the manager; especially as it relates to any changes in linear air dates, or specific metadata that may affect the distribution of one or more distribution channels.
• Prepare specific keyword and/or editing of descriptive copy in adherence to client specifications and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and guidelines.
• Quickly learn complex and continually changing workflows.
• Join a team of highly skilled, highly motivated individuals.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You will learn about existing and emerging metadata standards, tools, and best practices. You'll further your knowledge of how to prioritize tasks, multitask, achieve goals and participate in a company culture based on collaboration, creativity, coordination, accountability, respect and trust. You'll refine your communication skills when collaborating with multiple internal teams as you fulfill requests. You'll also learn multiple complex workflows and how to contribute toward building new ones in our ever-expanding realm of responsibilities.
• BA/BS Degree
• 1-2 years prior experience in the metadata publishing environment is preferred.
• Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Proactive work ethic while maintaining a keen focus on accuracy in a detailed oriented workflow is a must.
• Experience with metadata best practices, SEO, taxonomy a plus.
• Experience with XML metadata and video encoding technologies is a plus.
• Experience with digital delivery protocols and technologies a plus (FTP, SFTP, Aspera).
• Positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Google Sheets, or other spreadsheet software is a must.
• The ability to ensure a high-quality and consistent metadata experience for our viewership in support of the enterprise.
• Ability to work collaboratively across a highly cross-functional and fast-paced environment.
• Must have a flexible schedule and willing to work evenings and weekends.
• Passion for new technology and a desire to work in the entertainment/media industry.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.